CF Montréal Hosts Toronto FC Sunday in the Canadian Championship Final
MONTREAL - CF Montréal will play in the Canadian Championship final against Toronto FC, this Sunday, at Stade Saputo at 1pm (One Soccer, 91.9 Sports, TSN 690).
For the first time in this year's tournament, Montreal will host the single-leg elimination match in front of home fans. The game will also mark the latest fixture in a calendar year to ever be played at Stade Saputo in Club history.
In its journey to the final, CFMTL previously travelled to Halifax on September 22, besting the HFX Wanderers FC 3-1, prior to defeating Forge FC in Hamilton on October 27 in the semifinals.
Montreal will be looking to lift the Voyageurs Cup and a fifth Canadian Championship title (2008, 2013, 2014, 2019), which would qualify the team for the Concacaf Champions League in 2022.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 20, 2021
- Sporting Earns 3-1 Playoff Win over Vancouver - Sporting Kansas City
- 'Caps incredible 202' season comes to an end - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Glesnes scores extra time stoppage time goal; Union advance to Eastern Conference Semifinals - Philadelphia Union
- Red Bulls Fall 1-0 to Philadelphia in Round One of 2021 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - New York Red Bulls
- Four Out, One Questionable for Round 1 - New York City FC
- Kortne Ford to Compete in USL 2021 Championship Playoffs Western Conference Final - Colorado Rapids
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. New York City FC - Atlanta United FC
- Minnesota United FC at Portland Timbers Preview - Minnesota United FC
- CF Montréal Hosts Toronto FC Sunday in the Canadian Championship Final - Club de Foot Montreal
- Academy Update: 2021 Copa Rayados International - Inter Miami CF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.