'Cats Drop Series Finale to Brooklyn, Enter All-Star Break
BROOKLYN, NY - The 'Cats dropped the final game of the series to the Brooklyn Cyclones on Monday night by a final score of 5-0, and now enter a late season two-day All-Star break. Tri-City couldn't plate a run in the contest against a Cyclones pitching staff that struck out a combined 10 ValleyCats batters.
Brooklyn scored in the first on a sacrifice fly off the bat of Luke Ritter, an RBI double by Jose Mena in the second, solo home run by Gavin Garay in the fourth and a two-run shot by Mena in the sixth.
The 'Cats offense was led by Korey Lee, the only Tri-City batter with a multi-hit game. Other hits came from Juan Paulino who lined a double in second, and Joe Perez and Matthew Barefoot who each chipped in with singles.
ValleyCats relief pitcher Jairo Lopez had another excellent outing for the 'Cats, throwing two hitless innings with just one walk and three strikeouts.
The New York-Penn League enters their All-Star break, with the game taking place at the home of the Staten Island Yankees on Wednesday, August 21st. Three ValleyCats will take part, catcher Nate Perry, first baseman Juan Paulino and pitcher Peyton Battenfield.
On Thursday, August 22nd the ValleyCats return to action at Joseph L. Bruno Stadium, kicking off a two game series with the Hudson Valley Renegades, followed by one game in Hudson Valley. Then the 'Cats welcome the Staten Island Yankees to The Joe beginning with a 4pm doubleheader on Sunday, August 25.
Full promotional details and tickets can be found at tcvalleycats.com.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from August 20, 2019
- Doubledays Snap Losing Streak vs. Spikes - Auburn Doubledays
- 'Cats Drop Series Finale to Brooklyn, Enter All-Star Break - Tri-City ValleyCats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tri-City ValleyCats Stories
- New York-Penn League Announces 2020 Season Schedule
- 'Cats Drop Series Finale to Brooklyn, Enter All-Star Break
- Pitchers Duel Ends in Tigers 2-0 Victory
- Brewer Hits First Pro Homer as 'Cats Defeat Tigers 7-5
- Perez, Bellozo Lead 'Cats to 5-1 Victory over Tigers