Castro Rejoins Lynx
OTTAWA - Another familiar face is coming back to the Lynx pitching staff. LHP Fabio Castro has been transferred back to the Lynx lineup from Double-A Reading.
Castro, 22, was on the Lynx Opening Day roster and went 2-0 with a 3.24 ERA in six appearances for Ottawa. He was recalled to Philadelphia April 26th and had no record and a 12.27 ERA in five games for the Phillies before being optioned to Double-A Reading May 20th. He went 2-0 with one save in 11 games with the Reading Phillies.
Castro is the third addition to the Lynx roster in the past two days. 3B Brennan King hit a home run in his first game back from the disabled list and RHP Clay Condrey pitched two innings in this return from the Phillies last night .
This is the first season the Lynx are the Triple-A affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies. The Lynx Box Office is Open Monday to Friday from 10 am to 6 pm and Saturdays 10 am to 4 pm. Ticket information can be found at www.ottawalynx.com or by calling 613 747-LYNX (5969).
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 19, 2007
- Lynx Drop Marathon - Ottawa Lynx
- Diaz Lifts Tribe to 4-3 Win Over Pawtucket - Indianapolis Indians
- Norfolk Roughs Up Charlotte, 10-2 - Norfolk Tides
- Richard, Guzman Power Bulls Over Yankees - Durham Bulls
- Braves, Chiefs Rained Out in Syracuse - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bisons, Bats Postponed Due to Rain, Wet Grounds - Buffalo Bisons
- Long Wait, Wings Win - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo Bisons
- Castro Rejoins Lynx - Ottawa Lynx
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.