Cardinals Push Royals to Game Three
A four run opening frame was enough for Johnson City as the Cardinals defeated Burlington 7-2 tonight.
Jhon Torres opened the scoring with a two run double inside the third base bag, scoring Chandler Redmond and Todd Lott. Carlos Soler would add to the Cards lead with a two run single stretching the City lead to 4-0.
Malcolm Nunez would lace a line drive beyond the wall in left to give the Cardinals a 7-0 lead in the seventh.
Rafael Romero would plate two with a single to right to get the Royals on the board against reliever John Witkowski. The base hit would be the only offense Burlington would muster, forcing the decisive game three.
Hector Soto picked up the win for Johnson City going 5.2 innings of scoreless baseball. Witkowski would earn the save, going the final three and a third.
Noah Murdock was saddled with the loss for the Royals.
Tomorrow's Appy League finale will take place at 6:30pm tomorrow. Airtime on the Burlington Royals Baseball Network will be at 6:20.
Tickers are still available for game three of the Appalachian League Championship Series by logging on to www.burlingtonroyals.com.
• Discuss this story on the Appalachian League message board...
Appalachian League Stories from September 3, 2019
- Cardinals Push Royals to Game Three - Burlington Royals
- Cards Look to Even Championship Series Tuesday - Johnson City Cardinals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Burlington Royals Stories
- "Keep Hope. Never Give Up." the Mission Statement of Kort Peterson's Life
- After Losing his Mom, Brhet Bewley Hears her Every Step of the Way
- New Ownership & Front Office of the Burlington Royals AnnouncedÃÂ
- For the Health of the Players, and Love for the Game... That's Brad Groleau.
- Royals Agree to Terms with 14 Players on Contracts for 2020