Caps in the Community: February 11-17
Middleton, WI - While the Capitols were very busy on the ice this week, they were still able to find time to give back to the community.
The Caps kicked off DC's Reading Challenge at West Middleton Elementary School for their "We Love Reading Day" on Thursday. Also, the Capitols wanted to remind interested families and students that they are encouraged to complete their reading challenge by the March 17th game against Youngstown. With about a month until the game, students will have plenty of time to complete the challenge, learning and growing their reading skills while doing so. Keep on reading Caps fans!
On Saturday, a group of Capitols completed "The Polar Plunge"at Olin Park in Madison, benefitting the Special Olympics of Wisconsin. Since 1999, The Polar Plunge has raised over $20 million for special Olympics athletes representing Team Wisconsin, benefitting 18 different Olympic sports, funding free health care screenings during competitions, and has enhanced the lives over 10,000 athletes with intellectual disabilities. The team had a lot of fun doing the event and was honored to be benefitting such an outstanding cause!
After the Sunday game against Dubuque, the Capitols held a postgame skate with the players. Seeing the smiles on the faces of young fans as they take the ice with players never gets old, and it is certainly a favorite part of the Capitols experience for fans and players alike!
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 21, 2019
- Caps in the Community: February 11-17 - Madison Capitols
- Muskegon Improves to 5-0 Versus Central Illinois with 5-1 Win - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- March Madness Returns for Playoff Push - Chicago Steel
- Nebraska Road Trip in Store for Steel - Chicago Steel
- NTDP Weekly: February 18-24 - U.S. National Team
- Aces Knocked Down by Lumberjacks - Central Illinois Flying Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Madison Capitols Stories
- Lucas Herrmann Announces Commitment to University of New Hampshire
- Capitols and Gamblers Team up to Raise Money for AJ Degenhardt & MS
- Bantle and Petrick Announce Collegiate Commitments
- Capitols Prepare for Big Weekend at Home
- Capitols Split Decisions in Drama Filled Weekend