Canadians Continue To Surge In West Division; Win 10-2
(Memorial Stadium - Everett, WA) - Five Canadians pitchers combined to strike out 15 Salem-Keizer hitters while the offense pounded out 11 hits en route to a convincing 10-2 blowout of the Volcanoes on Thursday night in Keizer, OR.
Pitching took center stage on Thursday with Canadians RHP Javier Avendano going five strong innings striking out a season high eight hitters to improve to 3-0 on the season. The quartet of RHP Arik Sikula (1.0IP); LHP Kyle Anderson (0.2IP); RHP Ian Kadish (1.1IP) and RHP Zack Breault (1.0IP) limited the Volcanoes offense to just one run over the final four innings striking out seven.
Offensively, 3B Kellen Sweeney hit his second home run in as many nights while 2B Dan Arcila hit his second home run of the summer in the top of the 7th inning to help the Canadians to a 4-2 lead.
Vancouver crafted a five-run inning to blow the game wide open in the top of the 8th inning with RF Carlos Ramirez providing a three-run triple that scored SS Jason Leblebijian, 3B Kellen Sweeney and RF Nick Baligod to put the game out of reach.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from July 6, 2012
- Volcanoes' Patriotic Tribute Concludes Friday - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Bears' Late Rally Too Much for Indians in 5-0 Loss - Spokane Indians
- Bears' Staff One-Hits Indians and Offense Explodes Late - Yakima Bears
- Hawks end four-game losing streak - Boise Hawks
- Canadians Continue To Surge In West Division; Win 10-2 - Vancouver Canadians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.