Cambage's 22-Point, 13-Rebound Double-Double Leads Aces to 79-74 Win over Lynx
LAS VEGAS (July 21, 2019)- Liz Cambage's fifth double-double of the season helped Las Vegas upend the visiting Minnesota Lynx, Sunday, 79-74. The win moved the Aces into a first place tie with the Connecticut Sun at 12-6.
Tied at 22 late in the first quarter, Las Vegas scored 14 of the next 19 points to go up by nine, 36-27.
Minnesota slowly crept back into the game, eventually taking a four-point lead late in the third.
The score was tied at the end of the third, 54-54. Dearica Hamby scored on a cutting layup, and Liz Cambage followed with an old fashioned three-point play to give the Aces a lead they would never relinquish.
The Aces went 17 for 22 from the free throw line compared to 8 for 11 for Minnesota.
Both teams turned the ball over 18 times, but Minnesota flipped the Aces' miscues into 18 points, while Las Vegas managed just 10 points off of the Lynx' errors.
Field Goal Percentage By Quarter
1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
Lynx 61.1% 33.3% 42.1% 43.8% 45.6%
Aces 64.7% 17.8% 38.5% 60.0% 45.2%
The Lynx outscored the Aces 40-36 in points in the paint.
Aces streaks and statistics do not include the Las Vegas vs. Washington game from July 5 which was suspended at halftime due to an earthquake.
The Aces were without the services of two-time All-Star Forward A'ja Wilson (ankle).
Liz Cambage scored in double figures (season-high 22 points) for the 49th straight game, which is the longest active streak in the WNBA. She added 13 rebounds for her fifth double-double of the season.
Dearica Hamby made her first start since July 30, 2017
Kelsey Plum handed out a season-high 8 assists, including 6 in the first quarter alone.
Kayla McBride scored in double figures for the 16th time this season (20 points).
Sydney Colson left the game with 17.4 seconds remaining in the third quarter with an ankle injury and did not return.
The Aces remain at home this week hosting the Seattle Storm on Tuesday at 7 pm PT.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from July 21, 2019
- Cambage's 22-Point, 13-Rebound Double-Double Leads Aces to 79-74 Win over Lynx - Las Vegas Aces
- Second-Half Momentum Propels Chicago Past Indiana, 78-70 - Indiana Fever
- Minnesota/Las Vegas Postgame Notes - Minnesota Lynx
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Aces Stories
- Aces Look to Extend Winning Streak Friday vs. Los Angeles on ESPN2
- Las Vegas Erases 11-Point First-Half Deficit to Upend Washington, 83-77
- Aces and Mystics Renew Rivalry Wednesday
- Aces Dial It up on Defense in 79-70 Win over Dallas
- Aces Look to Get Back to .500, Sunday, with 3 Pm PT Tip against Dallas