By the Numbers: FC Cincinnati at CF Montréal
FC Cincinnati aim to return to winning ways Saturday, May 28 with a rematch against CF Montréal. Kickoff from Stade Saputo in Quebec is set for 7:30 p.m. ET.
Let's take a look at this matchup, by the numbers.
All-time, FC Cincinnati have scored 18 goals in the opening 15 minutes of a game. Five of those have come against CF Montréal, the most goals the Orange and Blue have scored in the opening 15 against any opponent. FCC have scored three times against Nashville SC in the opening 15, and twice against Toronto FC in minutes 1-15.
Allan Cruz's goal 28 seconds in against Montréal on September 14, 2019 is the second-fastest goal in club history.
Should he wear the captain's armband on Saturday, FC Cincinnati midfielder Luciano Acosta will become FC Cincinnati's all-time leader in appearances as captain of the Orange and Blue. He is currently tied with Kendall Waston, who captained FCC 41 times between 2019 and 2020.
FC Cincinnati know all about Djordje Mihailovic, who scored two of his three career goals against FCC earlier this season at TQL Stadium in Le CFM's 4-3 win over the Orange and Blue.
Since joining Montréal at the beginning of last season, Mihailovic has featured in all 47 MLS regular season games played by the team. 34 in 2021, 13 so far in 2022. The midfielder has contributed to 11 goals this season (7 goals, 4 assists) and earned a call up to the U.S. Men's National Team for the upcoming June window.
CF Montréal have a 51 combined goals and assists this season, the second most in MLS this season behind Austin FC (58). CFM rank fourth in MLS in goals (24) and second in MLS in assists (27).
CF Montréal striker Kei Kamara is among the leading scorers in MLS history with 133 goals, tied with Jaime Moreno for the fourth-best all-time mark in MLS goals. His next goal will move him into a tie for third place with Jeff Cunningham, which only trails Chris Wondolowski (171) and Landon Donovan (145) for most all-time.
Kamara scored one of his 133 career goals earlier this season for the visitors against FC Cincinnati at TQL Stadium.
FC Cincinnati forward Dominique Badji enters Saturday having recorded 11,111 minutes in his MLS regular season career.
That minutes total ranks seventh among current FC Cincinnati players behind, in order: Ray Gaddis, Luciano Acosta, Alvas Powell, Geoff Cameron, Haris Medunjanin and Nick Hagglund.
By The Numbers is presented by CTI.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 25, 2022
- Sporting Earns 2-1 Open Cup Win over Houston - Sporting Kansas City
- Orlando City Advances to Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Quarterfinals with Penalty Shootout Win over Inter Miami - Orlando City SC
- Dynamo Fall 2-1 to Sporting Kansas City in Open Cup Round of 16 - Houston Dynamo FC
- Inter Miami Falls on Penalties at Orlando City in the Open Cup Round of 16 - Inter Miami CF
- MNUFC Fall to Union Omaha in US Open Cup - Minnesota United FC
- Red Bulls Defeat Charlotte FC, 3-1, to Advance to U.S. Open Cup Quarterfinals - New York Red Bulls
- Revolution Fall to NYCFC in Extra Time, 0-1, in U.S. Open Cup - New England Revolution
- Nashville Soccer Club Advances to the Quarterfinals in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Nashville SC
- Full Time: Experienced Red Bulls Side Teaches Charlotte FC a U.S. Open Cup Lesson - Charlotte FC
- NYCFC Blank New England Revolution AET - New York City FC
- CF Montréal Wins 3-0 - Club de Foot Montreal
- Canadian International Mark-Anthony Kaye Called up to National Team for June Matches - Colorado Rapids
- Alistair Johnston, Kamal Miller and Samuel Piette Called up by Canada - Club de Foot Montreal
- Earthquakes Face Sacramento Republic FC in U.S. Open Cup Round of 16 Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- By the Numbers: FC Cincinnati at CF Montréal - FC Cincinnati
- Interested in Tickets to Watch Inter Miami CF Host FC Barcelona at DRV PNK Stadium? This Is What You Need to KnowÃ¢ÂÂ¦ - Inter Miami CF
- Robin Fraser Boosts Head Coaching Tenure with 50 Regular Season Wins - Colorado Rapids
- Vicente Reyes Called up to Chilean National Team - Atlanta United FC
- Ronald Hernández Called up to Venezuela for Upcoming FIFA Window - Atlanta United FC
- Lassi Lappalainen Called up by Finland - Club de Foot Montreal
- New England Revolution Academy Highlights: May 25, 2022 - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Host Defending MLS Cup Champions New York City FC in Midweek Matchup
- FC Cincinnati Knock off Orlando City SC, 1-0
- FC Cincinnati U15, U17 and U19 Squads to Compete at 2022 MLS NEXT Cup Playoffs
- FC Cincinnati Host Orlando City SC for a Friday Night Blue Out
- Obinna Nwobodo Earns MLS Team of the Week Honors