Burn Make Moves On Offensive Line
BOISE, Idaho - After losing their season opener to the defending ArenaCup Champions 65-28, Boise Burn head coach Lee Leslie made some adjustments to his roster in hopes to improve an offensive line that was overpowered against Tulsa last Saturday. Today the Burn were assigned Offensive Linemen Joe Critchfield and Mike Eddy and Fullback Derek Beardall by the arenafootball2 league office.
Critchfield (6-5, 315-pounds) returns to the Burn after starting 15 of 16 games in the team's inaugural season. Critchfield was the leader of an offensive line that was one of the league's best in 2007.
Eddy comes to Boise after spending some time training with the Utah Blaze of the Arena Football League. Eddy (6-6, 310-pounds), who played at the University of Utah and the University of Texas El-Paso, will make his af2 debut this weekend against the Stockton Lightning.
With the Burn in 2007, Beardall (6-2, 280-pounds) played the first six games rushing the ball 11 times for 26 yards and two touchdowns. He recorded nine tackles on defense, two of which were for loss. Beardall was sidelined for the last 10 games of the year after suffering a concussion against the Central Valley Coyotes.
OL/DL Rich Seals suffered medial and lateral meniscus tears to his right knee and has been placed on I.R. Seals' status on returning this year is uncertain.
To make room for Beardall and Eddy, the Burn placed OL/DL Francisco Anguiano and OL/DL Brandon Leyritz on re-callable waivers.
The Burn takes on the Lightning Saturday, Apr. 12 in Stockton, Calif. Boise's home opener is Saturday, Apr. 19 against the Tri-Cities Fever. Season tickets are available by calling (208) 383-0080. For more information and to get a full schedule, visit www.boiseburn.com.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from April 10, 2008
- Dorados 50- Yard Indoor War Report debuts Friday - Rio Grande Valley Dorados
- Week 3: Friday Night Matchups - af2
- Burn Make Moves On Offensive Line - Boise Burn
- Conquest Weekly (Week Two) - Albany Firebirds
- Fire Assigned Former Cardinal Standout - Louisville Fire
- BattleWings' Jr. Fly Girl Cheerleading Camp This Saturday - Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings
- Manchester Wolves Look To Go 2-0 Vs. Green Bay Blizzard - Manchester Wolves
- Fire Take On Quad City For First Place - Louisville Fire
- af2 Week 3: Quick Hitters - af2
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.