Fire Assigned Former Cardinal Standout
Louisville, Ky.-Broderick Clark, former Louisville Cardinal kick returner joins the Fire roster for the 2008 season. Clark played for the University of Louisville from 2002-2004.
Throughout his football career Clark led in kick return efforts. He ended his collegiate career ranked third all-time in school history with 2,101 return yards on 91 attempts. He completed a total of 63 passes, 864 yards, and four touchdowns for the Cards. His first season at U of L he was second in the nation, averaging 28.9 yards per carry, which earned him the Conference USA Player of the Year honor in 2002. Clark also tied both the school and conference records with a pair of kick off returns for touchdowns.
"Broderick is a more pure, receiver than Tiger Jones and Jones is a great receiver. We are expecting some great things out of him [Clark]," Head Coach Tommy Johnson said of his new receiver.
The Louisville Fire's next home game is against the Quad City Steamwheelers on April 11, 2008. Season tickets for the 2008 Fire season are still on sale and can be purchased by calling 502.368.0009 today. Season tickets packages begin at $63.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from April 10, 2008
- Dorados 50- Yard Indoor War Report debuts Friday - Rio Grande Valley Dorados
- Week 3: Friday Night Matchups - af2
- Burn Make Moves On Offensive Line - Boise Burn
- Conquest Weekly (Week Two) - Albany Firebirds
- Fire Assigned Former Cardinal Standout - Louisville Fire
- BattleWings' Jr. Fly Girl Cheerleading Camp This Saturday - Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings
- Manchester Wolves Look To Go 2-0 Vs. Green Bay Blizzard - Manchester Wolves
- Fire Take On Quad City For First Place - Louisville Fire
- af2 Week 3: Quick Hitters - af2
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.