Bugs Outlast Blazers 2-1 in OT
BOSSIER CITY, LA -- A goaltending duel and razor tight game couldn't be decided in regulation as the Mudbugs edged the Oklahoma City Blazers 2-1 in OT.
The Mudbugs out shot Oklahoma 16 to 8 in the first period but neither team was able to find the back of the net.
The physical play picked up in the second period. Both goaltenders continued their stellar play with Ken Carroll of Bossier-Shreveport stopping all six shots and Sean Connors turnings aside 15.
In the third period, Chris and Cam Abbott developed a two-on-one in neutral ice, Chris fed a pass from the left wing that Cam was able to lift up and under the cross bar for the first goal of the game. Ryan Watson answered for Oklahoma City at 16:55, a flurry in front of the net resulted in a rebound that Watson lifted over a sprawling Ken Carroll.
Regulation gave way to overtime. The Bugs needed only one minute and seven seconds when Dan Wildfong froze Conners for the game-winner in the extra period. Ken Carroll stopped 26 of 27 shots as the Mudbugs won their third straight.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 10, 2007
- Scorpions Rumble Way To Victory Over Thunder - New Mexico Scorpions
- Rage Let Oilers Off the Hook, Lose in Shootout - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Shootout at the DCC, RiverKings down Steelhounds - Mississippi RiverKings
- Rayz beat Killer Bees 4-3 in overtime - Corpus Christi IceRays
- It was "Miller Time" for Amarillo in 5-1 win over Cotton Kings - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Eagles Beat Ice Bats 6-3 - Colorado Eagles
- Hounds Lose to Kings in 10 Round Shootout - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Bugs Outlast Blazers 2-1 in OT - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Sundogs Fall to Odessa 2-1 - Arizona Sundogs
- Cotton Kings Road Game Preview - Lubbock Cotton Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.