Bugs Lose 4-2 to Blazers
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK -- The Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs hit the road for their first Sunday game of the year in Oklahoma City, unfortunately they ran it to some the same problems they faced from Saturday's game against Youngstown. Marty Standish scored at 2:06 to put the Blazers up 1-0. Later in the period, the Blazer crashed the net and Mike Burgoyne was able to poke a rebound by DeCaro to claim a two goal lead for the Oklahoma City.
The Mudbugs emerged in the second period with a new burst of life. Ty Hennes scored on a two-on-one, taking a feed from Chris Brassard and slipping the puck passed Sebastien Centomo. Forbes MacPherson was later hooked from behind on a breakaway and drew a penalty shot. He deked Centomo on the penalty shot, beating the Oklahoma City goaltender through the five-hole.
The game remained tied for the bulk of the third period until Dallas Flaman's shot was redirected from the point and passed John DeCaro. A.J. MacLean tacked on an empty net goal after the Mudbugs pulled John DeCaro, resulting in a 4-2 final. The Mudbugs return home for a Thursday night game at CenturyTel Center versus the Wichita Thunder.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2006
- RiverKings win another close one - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bugs Lose 4-2 to Blazers - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Watson and Perras Lead Kings Past Amarillo 3-1 - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Hounds Earn Point but Fall to Memphis in Shootout - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Bees fall to Bats 1-0 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Tough third leaves Rayz with 3-2 loss to Bucks - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Bucks Rally For 3-2 Win Over Corpus Christi - Laredo Bucks
- Cotton Kings Road Game Preview - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Scorpions power their way to victory - New Mexico Scorpions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.