Bucks Rally For 3-2 Win Over Corpus Christi
LAREDO, Texas - The defending CHL President's Cup Champion Laredo Bucks got a terrific third period comeback and great special teams play as they beat the Corpus Christi Rayz 3-2 at the AmericanBank Center on Sunday afternoon. Laredo scored three third period goals, including a pair on the power play, and stopped all eight Rayz power play chances as they improved to 10-6-2 with 22 points. The Bucks return home on Wednesday for the annual McDonald's Kids Day Matinee Game against Corpus Christi at 11 a.m. at the LEC. Tickets are $8.50 for all ages. The Bucks are offering a family four pack of season tickets for the 2006-07 CHL regular season, which works out to just over $7 a seat per game and is a 48 % savings off walkup prices. For more info on 2006-07 Bucks season tickets log onto www.laredobucks.com or call (956) 718-BUCK (2825).
The Rayz scored just over half way thru the first period for the only goal of the frame. Forward Jason Baird found forward Matt Turek cutting in the right circle for a wrist shot at 10:31 and a 1-0 Corpus Christi advantage.
In the second period the Bucks out shot the Rayz 12-2, but were unable to score to tie the game.
In the third period the Bucks finally got it going. Forward Serge Dube found forward Leo Thomas cutting right circle in the Rayz zone and Thomas feathered a shot five hole after a great fake to tie the game at 11:32. Thomas' eighth of the season tied him for the team lead. Defenesman Adam Rivet then scored on a shot from the top of the left circle at 15:44 to give the Bucks their first lead of the night. It was the fifth of the year for Rivet. Just under a minute later forward Ladislaw Kouba went top shelf with a wrist shot at 16:42 for a power play goal to extend the Bucks lead to 3-1. It was also the fifth of the season for Kouba. Rayz forward Kevin Watters scored with 14.1 seconds left, but it was too little to late as the Bucks held on. FINAL SCORE Laredo 3, Corpus Christi 2.
Eric Marvin stopped 14 of 16 shots and improved to 5-3-2. Brent Zelenewich allowed three goals on 32 shots and fell to 2-3-1. The Bucks went 2-5 on the power play while Corpus Christi was 0-8. Laredo out shot the Rayz 32-16.
POINTSTREAK BOX SCORE
2006-07 BUCKS SINGLE GAME TICKETS ON SALE
- Single game tickets for the Bucks start at $14.95. Of the 32 home games, 25 will take place on either a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Game times will remain the same for the 2006-07 season. Weekday games begin at 7 p.m., while Friday and Saturday night games are at 7:30 p.m. Sunday games will be at 4 p.m.
2006-07 BUCKS SEASON TICKETS
- The Bucks are offering a family four pack of season tickets for the 2006-07 CHL regular season, that works out to just over $7 a seat per game and is a 48 % savings off walkup prices. For more info contact a Bucks season ticket representative at (956) 718-BUCK (2825).
BECOME A BUCKS CORPORATE PARTNER
- Your company can become a vital part of the Laredo Bucks family by reaching our fans with your business message. To create a customized advertising package for your company, contact Summer Barrera at (956) 523-7723 or [email protected]
BUCKS IN THE COMMUNITY
- To schedule an appearance by a Bucks player, coach, or member of the front office staff call Traci Melendez at (956) 718-BUCK (2825) or email her at [email protected]
- There will be post-game skates at the LEC following Friday, Saturday and Sunday games. The only exceptions will be if there is a post-game jersey auction, there will not be a post-game skate.
BUCKS ON THE AIR
- Listen to every Bucks game, home and away, on Norteno 1490. You can also hear the Bucks online at www.laredobucks.com.
BUCKS HIGHLIGHTS ONLINE
- Listen to audio highlights of the Bucks online at www.laredobucks.com in the multimedia section.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2006
- RiverKings win another close one - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bugs Lose 4-2 to Blazers - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Watson and Perras Lead Kings Past Amarillo 3-1 - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Hounds Earn Point but Fall to Memphis in Shootout - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Bees fall to Bats 1-0 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Tough third leaves Rayz with 3-2 loss to Bucks - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Bucks Rally For 3-2 Win Over Corpus Christi - Laredo Bucks
- Cotton Kings Road Game Preview - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Scorpions power their way to victory - New Mexico Scorpions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.