Bees fall to Bats 1-0
Austin, Texas --- Miguel Beaudry made 25 saves and Henry Kuster got credit for the game's only goal as the Austin Ice Bats edged the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees 1-0 Sunday at Austin.
Rio pressured with a late power play and goalie Jeff Van Nynatten (37 saves) pulled for a 6-on-4 advantage but could not bag the equalizer. The loss snapped a three-game winning streak for Rio while extending Austin's winning streak to five.
The Bees held Austin scoreless on 10 power plays, while going 0-for-5 themselves.
Austin's recent roll makes for an interesting Southeast Division Race. Laredo regained the division lead with a 3-2 win at Corpus Christi, and Austin's win vaults them into third place. Rio drops to second with 21 points.
The Bees get back at it with another three-in-three weekend vs. divisional foes starting with games Friday (vs. Corpus Christi) and Saturday night (Laredo) at Dodge Arena. The first 2500 fans each night receive Thunder Sticks.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2006
- RiverKings win another close one - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bugs Lose 4-2 to Blazers - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Watson and Perras Lead Kings Past Amarillo 3-1 - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Hounds Earn Point but Fall to Memphis in Shootout - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Bees fall to Bats 1-0 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Tough third leaves Rayz with 3-2 loss to Bucks - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Bucks Rally For 3-2 Win Over Corpus Christi - Laredo Bucks
- Cotton Kings Road Game Preview - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Scorpions power their way to victory - New Mexico Scorpions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.