Bugs Fall to Bulls
The Shreveport Mudbugs (26-12) had their six-game winning streak snapped as they fell to the Amarillo Bulls, 4-1 Friday night at George's Pond in Hirsch Coliseum.
Amarillo took advantage of their four shots in the opening period. It was Ty Black who roofed in his ninth goal of the year from the high slot just 1:28 into the contest to give the Bulls the early 1-0. The Bugs squandered some good grade A chances later in the period only to see Jordan Venegoni shooting in his 22nd tally of the season at 19:59 from the backdoor to give Amarillo a 2-0 lead. Shreveport led in SOG, 11-4 after one period of play.
The Bugs would get back in on the PP as Sam Miller ripped home his team-leading 13th goal of the year from the point to make it a 2-1 contest. Alexis Girard and Jacob Smith earned the helpers at 7:58 of the 2nd period. Amarillo would respond though as it was Aaron White who raced to the LW circle and sniped in his sixth tally of the year at 15:14 making it a 3-1 Bulls edge. The Bugs led in SOG, 22-11 after two periods of play.
Shreveport couldn't get much life going in the 3rd period as Amarillo netted a PP goal of their own from Devan Tongue to make it a 4-1 contest.
Richie Parent suffered his sixth loss of the season in net which snapped a six-game winning streak for Shreveport overall.
The Mudbugs and Bulls will conclude their two-game series tomorrow night at George's Pond in Hirsch Coliseum. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:11 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 18, 2020
- Ice Wolves Battle Back to Force OT vs. Fairbanks - New Mexico Ice Wolves
- Bugs Rally Past Bulls - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Siffringer's Pair Not Enough as Rebels Fall to Knights - Jamestown Rebels
- Bulls Surrender Lead Late as Mudbugs Force a Weekend Split - Amarillo Bulls
- Bruins Rebound with Gutsy Win over Minot, 3-2 - Austin Bruins
- Brahmas Blank IceRays Saturday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Black Bears Fall to Tomahawks in OT - Maryland Black Bears
- Tomahawks Take Down Black Bears in OT - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Corcoran Nets Game-Winner, Pilots Knock off Jacks 4-1 - Topeka Pilots
- Wings Use Power Play to Melt Blizzard - Aberdeen Wings
- Bugs Fall to Bulls - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Jeffers and Gulash Help Lead Titans to 4-1 Win over Generals - New Jersey Titans
- Brahmas Win Seesaw Battle Friday - Corpus Christi IceRays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.