Bugs Bounce Jacks
The Shreveport Mudbugs (27-21-9) dominated the ice in their favor and beat the Odessa Jackalopes, 3-1 Friday night at Georges Pond in Hirsch Coliseum.
The Bugs opened the scoring at 11:20 of the 1st period when C.J. McGee rammed home his 10th goal of the year from the slot as Shreveport's pressure paid and grabbed the early 1-0 lead. Gueorgui Feduolov and Jay Feiwell earned the assists. Shreveport led in SOG, 16-7 after one period of play.
Shreveport extended their lead midway through the 2nd period when Carson Nichols redirected home his second goal of the season at 10:04 giving the Bugs a 2-0 edge. C.J. Regula earned the only assist with a shot from the right point. Mudbugs out-shot the Jacks, 34-13 after two periods of play.
The Mudbugs controlled the game all night long and Warren Natyshak added to the Bugs' lead in the 3rd period as he raced up the left side and powered home his 11th goal of the season giving the home team a 3-0 lead. Feduolov earned the only assist. The Jacks broke up Maiszon Balboa's shutout bid when they scored with 3:23 left in the 3rd period.
Balboa earned the win in net making 23 saves.
The Mudbugs will conclude their two-game series against the Jacks tomorrow night. Puck drop is slated for 7:11 p.m. from Georges Pond in Hirsch Coliseum. ?
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from March 29, 2019
- Bugs Bounce Jacks - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bronte's Scores Late, Knights End Johnstown's 26 Home Game Win Streak - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Pilots Drop Series Opener to Brahmas 6-2 - Topeka Pilots
- Bulls Take Night One of Three-Game Weekend - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Late Goal Sinks Tomahawks - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Black Bears Fall to Titans in Close Battle - Maryland Black Bears
- Titans Split Weekend Series with Rebels - New Jersey Titans
- Watson Absent this Weekend Due to Family Illness - Topeka Pilots
- Wilderness Head Trainer Jarrett Byrnes a Key Member of Team - Minnesota Wilderness
- Wings Pick up Road Win - Aberdeen Wings
- Playoff Racing - Minot Minotauros
- Bruins Surge Back, Beat Blizzard 4-3 - Austin Bruins
- Pilots Set to Face Brahmas in Crucial South Division Matchup - Topeka Pilots
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.