Bruins Reclaim Central Division Lead But Fall in Shoot-Out
MINOT, MN - Bruins are able to salvage a point, but fall in the shoot-out to the Minotauros.
In a game that saw a total of 98 combined penalty minutes, the Bruins and Minotauros game proved to be a physical battle. Bruins would come up early at the 4:01 mark of the 1st period on the 4th goal of the season by Marian Haborak. 10 minutes later, Damon. Furuseth would net his 1st career NAHL goal to give the Bruins a 2-0 lead with 5 minutes to play in the 1st period. Minot would answer back with two goals, one by Isaac Keller, and a shorthand goal by Zack Simon to tie things up at 2-2 after 20 minutes of action.
2nd period would be all Bruins as Sutter Muzzatti would collect his 3rd goal of the season on a redirected shot from Nick Catalano and Michal Jasenec would tally his 2nd of the year to give the Bruins a 4-2 lead after 2 periods. The 3rd period would be a wild one, as the physical play for both teams would pick up. Minot's leading scorer, Huston Karpman would find the back of the net to cut the Bruins lead to 4-3. It would stay that way until the 16:01 mark of the 3rd period when Gavin. Morrissey would get his 2nd of the season to give Austin a 5-3 lead with 4 minutes to play in the 3rd period. Minot would get a second wind as Nikolai Charchenko and Zack Simon would score to force overtime.
Overtime would not prove not to be enough as, after 5 minutes of 3-3 hockey, we would find ourselves in a shoot-out. The shoot-out would go three-rounds as Morrissey would score to put the pressure on Minot as Austin Karpman would score to give Minot the 6-5.
With the extra point in the overtime period, Bruins would find themselves back on top of the Central Division with North Iowa falling to Aberdeen 5-2. Bruins and the Minotauros are back at it again tomorrow night for the 2nd game of the weekend series. Puck drop is set for 7:35 pm and can be seen and heard on HockeyTv and Power 96.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from October 23, 2021
- Jacks Fall to New Mexico, 2-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Sang & Young's Hat Tricks Help Titans Roll to 12-5 Win over Nordiques - New Jersey Titans
- Northeast Uses Strong Start to Beat Maryland - Maryland Black Bears
- Wings Wrangle Bulls 5-2 Friday - Aberdeen Wings
- Bruins Fall in Weekend Finale in Minot - Austin Bruins
- Danbury Cant Overcome Three-Goal Third, Loses 4-0 - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- Heaney Earns Shutout in Tomahawks Win - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Danbury Battles Johnstown in Saturday Tilt - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- Bruins Reclaim Central Division Lead But Fall in Shoot-Out - Austin Bruins
- Opportunity Knocks at Back Door for Aberdeen in 5-2 Win - North Iowa Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Bruins Stories
- Salani's Multi-Goal Night Propels Bruins to 6-3 Victory
- Knapp Named Bauer NAHL Central Star of the Week
- Riddle's Milestone Night Capped off with Weekend Sweep of Minot
- Knapp's 28 Save Performance Helps Lead Bruins to 3-1 Victory
- Bruins Hold off Minotauros in Wild Saturday Night Victory