Bruins Fall in Weekend Finale in Minot
MINOT, ND - Minot completes weekend sweep of the Bruins by final of 3-1.
Both Austin and Minot would come out strong in the 1st period as the game would be scoreless for the first 18 minutes of the 1st period. Minot, however, would score the lone goal in the period as Zack Simon would collect his 7th goal of the season to give the Minotauros a 1-0 lead into the locker room after the 1st period of play at the Pepsi Rink at MAYSA Arena.
It would be a scoreless 2nd period as both the Bruins and Minotauros would have multiple big saves from Austin goalie, Hudson Hodges, and Minot goalie, Zach Sandy. 3rd period would begin the same way the 2nd started at a 1-0 lead of Minot until 8:12 into the period when Dean Schwenniger and Simon would have a 2-1 break out to get the puck past Hodges to give Minot a 2-0 lead. With the net empty on the Bruins side, Schwenninger would collect his 2nd goal of the game on an empty-net goal to make it 3-0 Minot with 2:15 left to play in the game. The Bruins would battle back though and get one past Sandy on a goal by Jens Richards to pull the Bruins within two. Bruins, however, would not be able to complete the comeback and Minot would take the Saturday Night contest by the final of 3-1. Hodges would stop 34 of the 36 shots that he would see.
Up next for the Bruins, they will travel up to Aberdeen, South Dakota to take on the Wings next Friday and Saturday Night at the Odde Ice Center. Puck drops both nights set for 7:15 pm with all the action seen and heard live on HockeyTV and Power 96.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from October 23, 2021
- Jacks Fall to New Mexico, 2-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Sang & Young's Hat Tricks Help Titans Roll to 12-5 Win over Nordiques - New Jersey Titans
- Northeast Uses Strong Start to Beat Maryland - Maryland Black Bears
- Wings Wrangle Bulls 5-2 Friday - Aberdeen Wings
- Bruins Fall in Weekend Finale in Minot - Austin Bruins
- Danbury Cant Overcome Three-Goal Third, Loses 4-0 - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- Heaney Earns Shutout in Tomahawks Win - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Danbury Battles Johnstown in Saturday Tilt - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- Bruins Reclaim Central Division Lead But Fall in Shoot-Out - Austin Bruins
- Opportunity Knocks at Back Door for Aberdeen in 5-2 Win - North Iowa Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Bruins Stories
- Salani's Multi-Goal Night Propels Bruins to 6-3 Victory
- Knapp Named Bauer NAHL Central Star of the Week
- Riddle's Milestone Night Capped off with Weekend Sweep of Minot
- Knapp's 28 Save Performance Helps Lead Bruins to 3-1 Victory
- Bruins Hold off Minotauros in Wild Saturday Night Victory