Braves Pitching Too Strong for Lookouts
Pitching prowess comes along once in awhile and spoils best laid plans of the men in baseball. That happened last night when Braves starting pitcher Nolan Kingham shutdown the Lookouts in a 9-2 loss. The Lookouts were subdued to a perfect game through the first five and two thirds innings before Michael O'Neill beat out a ground ball for an infield hit. The Braves had amassed 9-0 lead in the first four innings so the base hit sparked a two run seventh for the Looks. Brantley Bell would drive in the two runs with his double bringing Samir Duenrz and Tyler Stephson home after their base hits. After that it was all Kingham retiring six of the next seven he faced for the complete game.
In the final game of 2019 it will be LH-Reiver Sanmartin(2-7,4.58) facing RH-Claudio Custodio(5-4,2.66) in the afternoon at 1:50 EDT on 98.1 The Lake and at MiLB.com.
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from September 1, 2019
- Focused Biscuits Batter Blue Wahoos - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Kingham Tosses Complete Game in Sunday's Win - Mississippi Braves
- Braves Pitching Too Strong for Lookouts - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Biscuits Edge Wahoos, 11-7 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Banks and Bullpen Blank Shuckers on Sunday - Biloxi Shuckers
- Barons Win Final Home Series in Dominant Afternoon - Birmingham Barons
- Early Deficit Buries Smokies in 8-4 Defeat - Tennessee Smokies
- BayBears Pile on Early Runs to Top Smokies - Mobile BayBears
- Shuckers Play a Dozen in Walk-Off Defeat to Birmingham - Biloxi Shuckers
- Generals Win Regular Season Finale, 2-1, on Walk-Off Double-Play - Jackson Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.