Brahmas Take Game 5, 1-0
Allen Texas-The Texas Brahmas scored a first period goal and that was all they needed in a 1-0 win Saturday night at the Allen Event Center.
Calin Wild put the Brahmas on the board first in the opening period, Wild took a cross-ice pass from Mike Hellyer, sliding one through the legs of Americans netminder Marco Cousineau at the 7:04 mark of the opening period to give Texas a 1-0 lead. The Brahmas outshot Allen 8-7 after 20 minutes of play.
No scoring in the second or third as the Americans were unable to tie the score. Allen pulled netminder Marco Cousineau late in the third but an interference penalty to Nick Layton at the 19:16 mark wiped out the extra attacker and the Brahmas would hold on for a 1-0 win and a 3-2 series lead.
Texas netminder Brad Fogal made his first start in the series picking up the win and the shutout. Marco Cousineau was spectacular in net for a second straight game stopping 19 of 20 Texas shots. Game 6 shifts back to the NYTEX Sports Centre on Tuesday night at 7:00 PM.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from April 7, 2012
- Wichita Advances to Conference Finals with Game Five Win - Wichita Thunder
- Brahmas Take Game 5, 1-0 - Allen Americans
- CHL Central Hockey League Announces Suspension - CHL
- Killer Bees Eliminated; Fall to Wichita 6-2 - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Allen Americans Stories
- Americans Welcome Back Lancaster and Lammon for Sophomore Seasons
- Americans Extend Qualifying Offers to Six Players
- Americans Welcome Back Co-Captain Jared Vanwormer
- Americans, ECHL, Committed to the 2020-21 Campaign
- Spencer Asuchak Returns for An 8th Season with the Americans