Boston selects Gallant in NLL expansion draft
July 24, 2008 - National Lacrosse League (NLL) News Release
DENVER - The National Lacrosse League's Boston Blazers selected Colorado Mammoth defenseman John Gallant on Thursday in the NLL expansion draft.
The Blazers selected one unprotected player from each of the league's 12 teams, starting with Toronto Rock goaltender Mike Poulin. Boston selected Gallant with the fifth overall pick.
Gallant, named a Mammoth assistant captain prior to last season, was one of two remaining players from the Washington Power franchise that moved and became the Mammoth prior to the 2003 season. Gallant will be entering his seventh season in the league
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from July 24, 2008
- Blazers Select Twelve Players in NLL Expansion Draft - Boston Blazers
- Boston selects Gallant in NLL expansion draft - NLL
- Knighthawks' Matt Lyons Taken in Expansion Draft by Boston - Rochester Knighthawks
- Minnesota Swarm Defenseman Kyle Ross Selected By Boston In NLL Expansion Draft - Minnesota Swarm
- Wings Star Forward Bergey Selected by Boston in NLL Expansion Draft - Philadelphia Wings
- Boston Blazers select Twelve players in Expansion Draft - NLL
- Jax Lose Kilby to Boston - Portland Lumberjax
- Stealth Coaching Staff - San Jose Stealth
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.