Boston Celtics Announce Agreement to Purchase Maine Red Claws
The Boston Celtics announced today the team has entered into an agreement to purchase the NBA G League's Maine Red Claws, subject to successful finalization of the transaction and G League approval. Upon completion, the Red Claws would be wholly-owned by the Celtics as the team's official G League affiliate.
"Over the years, the G League and the Red Claws have become increasingly important to the Celtics and our player development efforts. We look forward to deepening both our ties with basketball operations and within the community, and further bringing the Celtics experience to fans in Maine," said Rich Gotham, Boston Celtics Team President.
"The Celtics have been great partners with the Red Claws over the last ten seasons. We are thrilled that the Celtics will continue to build upon the success we have had in making the Red Claws an important part of the Maine community," said Bill Ryan Jr., Maine Red Claws Chairman and Principal Owner.
Neither the Celtics nor the Red Claws will have any further comment until the completion of the purchase.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from July 25, 2019
- Offseason Sit-Down: Kavita Dhillon - Stockton Kings
- Celtics Sign Four Players - Maine Red Claws
- Boston Celtics Announce Agreement to Purchase Maine Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Maine Red Claws Stories
- Tacko Fall, Tremont Waters Receive All-NBA G League Honors
- Tremont Waters Named NBA G League Rookie of the Year
- Statement from the Maine Red Claws on Cancellation of 2019-20 NBA G League Season
- Red Claws, TD Bank Launch "Fueling the Frontline" Today
- Statement from the Maine Red Claws