Bombers Bats Go Quiet against Cane Cutters
Acadiana, Louisiana - The Bombers collect seven hits, but were only able to produce one run Wednesday night in Acadiana. The hitters struggled with runners in scoring position with a .222 average. The pitching staff held the Cane Cutters to two earned runs in the game, but the Bomber defense had two errors leading to two more runs scoring in the 1-4 loss.
The Cane Cutters struck first with back to back doubles from Fisher Norris and Tremaine Spears to start the second inning. Acadiana would stretch that lead to two in the fifth inning when Trace Henry singled to lead the inning off. Henry would advance to second on a Bomber's error before getting caught in a run down trying to advance to third on a ground ball by Champ Artigues. Artigues would advance all the way to second on the play before scoring on the second error of the inning on a ground ball to short.
The Bombers would return fire in the top of the sixth beginning when Bryant Shellenbarger reached on an error and advanced to second. Shellenbarger would then come around to score on a Kyle Bergeron single to left to cut into the Cane Cutter lead. Acadiana matched the Bombers in the bottom half of the inning and would score one more in the eighth to cap the scoring.
Bergeron led the way for the Bombers at the plate going 3-4 with three singles and one RBI. He was followed up by Sam McElreath who went 2-4 with a double. Logan Teske got the start on the mound for the Bombers surrendering three runs, one earned on nine hits and six strikeouts in 6 innings pitched. Cole Sichley finished the final to frames giving up one run on one hit and one strikeout.
The Bombers will return to Fabacher Field tomorrow night to try and avenge their road loss with 1st pitch coming at 7:05.
• Discuss this story on the Texas Collegiate League message board...
Texas Collegiate League Stories from July 18, 2019
- Bombers Drop Game Late to Cane Cutters - Brazos Valley Bombers
- Twins Shutout Generals - Texarkana Twins
- Cane Cutters Take Victory Over Brazos Valley Bombers, 4-1 - Acadiana Cane Cutters
- Bombers Bats Go Quiet against Cane Cutters - Brazos Valley Bombers
- Twins lose pitching duel in first game of series - Texarkana Twins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Brazos Valley Bombers Stories
- Bombers Bring TCL Championship Back to the Brazos Valley
- Bombers Set to Take on Texarkana Twins Tuesday at Travis Field
- Bombers Throttle Twins in Regular Season Finale on Texas Night
- Bombers Defeat Generals on Strike out Cancer Night
- Brazos Valley Bombers Host Star Wars Night at the Ballpark