Bobcats Add Forward Trombley for Second Half
BISMARCK, ND - With roster openings available following the Christmas break, the Bismarck Bobcats have added forward Alexander Trombley to the active roster effective immediately.
"Alex is a big player-especially for his age-and has tremendous skill and grit that we're excited to add to our lineup," explained Bobcats head coach and general manager Layne Sedevie. "With Ty Enns leaving earlier in the month, we were already closing in on bringing Alex onto our roster, so we were very fortunate that he had already committed to joining us when Jared Resseguie jumped up to the Division I ranks."
Trombley, a 2001 birth-year from Howell, Mich., is committed to play Division I hockey at The Ohio State University.
Standing at 6-foot-2 and weighing 190 points, Trombley joins the Bobcats after posting six goals and two assists in nine appearances for Belle Tire U16 in the Tier 1 Elite Hockey League.
A chance to develop at a higher level helped the 16-year-old forward decide to make the jump to the NAHL with the Cats.
"I think, more than anything, I wanted to play at the junior level to be able to improve my game against bigger, older competition," noted Trombley, who reported to Bismarck on Tuesday to start practicing with the Bobcats. "[Assistant] Coach [Garrett] Roth also really sold me on what a good group of guys [the Bobcats] have in the locker room and that has already been proven with how welcoming everyone has been so far."
When he takes the ice on Friday, Trombley will be the youngest player in the North American Hockey League-born three days after Wilkes-Barre Scranton's Jeffrey Bertrand.
Trombley and the rest of the Bobcats will return from the holiday break when they open a three-games-in-three-nights series in the Subway ND Cup against the Minot Minotauros with home games at the VFW Sports Center on Friday and Sunday-the Cats' annual New Year's Eve game.
Fans can buy and print tickets 24 hours a day at BismarckBobcats.com or by clicking "Shop Now" on the team's Facebook page.
All Bobcat games are broadcast live locally on SuperTalk 1270 AM, the radio home of Bobcat Hockey, and worldwide on HockeyTV.com, the official web television partner of the North American Hockey League.
Pro-rated season tickets and 2017-18 flex tickets are now on sale: reserve yours now by calling the Bobcat Box Office at 222-3300!
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from December 29, 2017
- NAHL Announces 18U Top Prospects Invitational Tournament During Robertson Cup - New Jersey Junior Titans
- Bobcats Add Forward Trombley for Second Half - Bismarck Bobcats
- HOFFMANN MAKES DIVISION I COMMITMENT - Janesville Jets
- Tomahawks to Wear Specialty Tuxedo Jerseys for New Year's Eve Game - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Bulls Return After Christmas Break Visit Odessa on Friday and Then Back to Back at Home Saturday and - Amarillo Bulls
- Bruins Goalie Schilling Commits to Air Force Academy - Austin Bruins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bismarck Bobcats Stories
- Bobcat Forward Grannis Commits to Clarkson
- Bobcat Defender Breidenbach Commits to Concordia
- Four Bobcats Face off in Sioux Falls with Frozen Four Trip on the Line
- Bobcat Alumnus Hintz Gets NHL Call from Stars
- Morberg Secures League Honors with Five-Point Weekend