Blue Crabs Donated $51,632 in 2019
Waldorf, MD - On Wednesday afternoon the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs reported $51,632 of donations to the Southern Maryland community in 2019.
The donation total surpassed the team's original goal by more than $16,000. The Blue Crabs donated to 179 different organizations in 2019.
More than ten times per season, the Blue Crabs team up with a local charity, and create a special edition jersey to auction off after a game. Fans get to go on the field and take a picture with the player who's jersey they purchased, and all of the proceeds go to charity.
The team also gives tickets and suites to local charities and silent auctions. Additionally, any organization can set up a fundraiser in which they sell tickets, and get back a percentage of all tickets sold.
The Pinch Fund is yet another way that the team gives back. It is a charitable organization that is run by the Blue Crabs that is constantly donating to organizations in Southern Maryland.
"Southern Maryland natives have supported us from day one. As we grow as an organization, we continue to give back to our community, because we wouldn't be here without them", said Blue Crabs General Manager, Courtney Knichel.
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from January 15, 2020
- Blue Crabs Donated $51,632 in 2019 - Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
- Somerset Patriots Re-Sign All-Star Catcher Yovan Gonzalez - Somerset Patriots
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Southern Maryland Blue Crabs Stories
- Blue Crabs Sign Atlantic League All-Star Jonathan Galvez
- Back-To-Back ALPB Defensive Player of the Year Edwin Garcia Re-Signs with Southern Maryland
- Blue Crabs Sign Greyfer Eregua
- Adam Choplick Signs with Chicago Cubs Organization
- Former Cubs, Braves Prospect Dalton Geekie Kicks off 2020 Blue Crabs Signings