Blue Bombers Re-Sign Pending Free Agent Receiver/Returner Charles Nelson
WINNIPEG, MB. - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed pending free agent receiver/returner Charles Nelson to a two-year extension.
Nelson (5-8, 175, Oregon, October 28, 1995, Daytona Beach, FL) has spent parts of the past two seasons with Winnipeg. He's played in five games, including four in 2019, before suffering a season ending injury. Last season, Nelson recorded 19 punt returns for 231 yards (10.3 average), and returned ten kickoffs for 202 yards.
Nelson played four seasons for the Oregon Ducks, catching 124 passes for 1,555 yards and 14 touchdowns. Nelson also had 2,424 kick return yards and two kick return touchdowns during his time at Oregon. In 2014, Nelson received the Gordon E. Wilson Award for being Oregon's top special teams standout and was given 1st-Team Pac-12 All-Conference honours in 2015.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 23, 2020
- Blue Bombers Re-Sign Pending Free Agent Receiver/Returner Charles Nelson - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Blue Bombers Trade Jordan Robinson to Eskimos - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- RedBlacks Shuffle Roster - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Alouettes Re-Sign Canadians Spencer Moore and Landon Rice - Montreal Alouettes
- Eskimos Acquire Running Back Robinson in Trade with Winnipeg Blue Bombers - Edmonton Eskimos
- Argos to Play in Biggest Touchdown Atlantic Game Ever in Halifax this Summer - Toronto Argonauts
- The Biggest CFL Touchdown Atlantic Ever Is Coming to Halifax this Summer - CFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.