Blue Bombers Add Two to Roster
WINNIPEG, MB. - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed American receiver Alonzo Russell and American defensive back Makinton Dorleant.
Russell (6-4, 220, Toledo, September 29, 1992 in Washington, DC) spent the 2019 season with the XFL's St. Louis BattleHawks, recording 15 catches for 161 yards and one touchdown in five games. Russell signed with the Bengals as an undrafted free agent in 2016 and spent that season on their practice roster. He has also spent time on the practice roster in Arizona, while seeing game action during his time with the New York Giants in 2018. During four seasons at Toledo, Russell recorded 202 receptions for 3,076 yards and 24 touchdowns.
Dorleant (5-11, 185, Northern Iowa, October 6, 1992 in Naples, FL) signed with Green Bay as an undrafted free agent in 2016, seeing action in four games. He spent time on the practice roster with Baltimore and Kansas City and was with the Oakland Raiders (injured reserve) in 2019. He played three seasons at Northern Iowa, recording 142 tackles, sic forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and two interceptions in 52 games.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from July 3, 2020
- Blue Bombers Add Two to Roster - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Winnipeg Blue Bombers Stories
- Blue Bombers Unveil 107th Grey Cup Championship Ring
- Blue Bombers Add Two to Roster
- Blue Bombers Announce Baron Rings as the Official 107th Grey Cup Championship Ring Partner
- Blue Bombers Sign Receiver Mekale McKay
- Blue Bombers Launch 107th Grey Cup Champions Licence Plates