Bloomfield's Rashawn Dally Signs with Hartford Athletic
HARTFORD, Conn. (January 13, 2021) - Hartford Athletic has signed Bloomfield, CT native Rashawn Dally ahead of the 2022 season, pending league and federation approval.
Dally attended the Watkinson School in Hartford before playing four years on the Quinnipiac Men's Soccer team. He played four seasons for the Bobcats, tallying sixteen goals and fifteen assists over seventy-eight matches. The forward was invited to the Jamaica National Team senior camp in March 2018 and has experience in camps with Jamaica at various youth levels. He was a two-time United Soccer Coaches All-East Region Third-Team honoree (2016, 2018), and a three-time All-MAAC performer (2018 first team; 2016, 2017 second team).
"In my short time in Connecticut, it's been clear how much talent is in this state. We are thrilled to bring one of its finest products back home in Rashawn," said Head Coach Harry Watling. "Fans can expect a physically dominant, mobile target man and plenty of goals from Rashawn this season. He is a great fit for our style of play and I am excited to get him on the pitch."
Dally was selected 49th overall by FC Cincinnati in the 2019 MLS SuperDraft after finishing his collegiate career. He played sixteen matches over two seasons for the former USL side while also spending two stints on loan, one with Memphis 901 FC in 2019 and another with Las Vegas Lights in 2020. He re-signed with Memphis for the 2021 season and appeared in twenty-four matches, starting six.
"This is a really special moment for me to sign with my hometown club," Dally said. "My professional career has taken me all over the country and now I get to come back home and play in front of my family and friends. I could not be happier to be part of this organization."
Dally founded Rulla Sports Empowerment which aims to provide young athletes with the necessary tools to maximize their athletic abilities. Already making an impact in the community, the organization hosted its inaugural "Kick It With The Pro's" camp for Greater Hartford area kids in East Windsor in late December.
"Growing up in Connecticut, I was fortunate to get the opportunity to play soccer at a high level," Dally said. "I want to give that back to the next generation of kids who have the same dream I had."
Hartford Athletic has now signed the following players for the 2022 season:
Forwards: Jeciel Cedeño, Rashawn Dally, Juan Carlos Obregón Jr.
Midfielders: Danny Barrera, Christian Gómez, Conor McGlynn, Luka Prpa, Peter-Lee Vassell
Defenders: Ash Apollon, Younes Boudadi, Tulu
Goalkeeper: Austin Pack
More information on the 2022 roster will be announced in the coming weeks.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from January 13, 2022
- El Paso Locomotive FC Unveils 2022 Preseason Schedule - El Paso Locomotive FC
- FC Tulsa to Participate in 12th Annual 2022 Desert Showcase During Preseason - FC Tulsa
- Sacramento Native Matt LaGrassa Returns to Sacramento - Sacramento Republic FC
- Indy Eleven Adds Midfielder Raul Aguilera to Roster - Indy Eleven
- Oakland Roots Name Lindsay Barenz as the Club's New President - Oakland Roots
- Orange County SC Sign Striker Erick "El Cubo" Torres - Orange County SC
- SD Loyal Extends Contract with Landon Donovan - San Diego Loyal
- Rowdies Re-Sign Five Key Contributors for 2022 - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- FC Tulsa Signs Croatian Defensive Midfielder Petar Čuić to 2022 Roster - FC Tulsa
- Bloomfield's Rashawn Dally Signs with Hartford Athletic - Hartford Athletic
- MLS Returns to Charleston with the Breeze Airways Carolina Challenge Cup - Charleston Battery
- San Antonio FC Signs Defender Shannon Gomez - San Antonio FC
- Midfielder Florian Valot Pens Two-Year Deal with The Miami FC - Miami FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Athletic Stories
- Hertzog Is Heroic in Stoppage Time, Hartford Win 3-2
- Preview: Hartford Host Red Bulls II in Search for Second Straight Win
- Hartford Athletic Names Legendary UConn Soccer Coach Ray Reid Technical Director
- Hartford Athletic Sign German Goalkeeper Yannik Oettl on Loan from New England Revolution II
- Hartford Athletic Signs Connecticut Native Logan Gdula to 25-Day Contract