Blizzard Sign Vince Char
Green Bay Blizzard head coach Corey Roberson, continuing to fortify his team's interior lines, has signed former NCAA Division III wrecking ball Vince Char. Char, a 6'3", a 295-pound defensive lineman from Widener University in Pennsylvania, earned D3football.com All-American honors and accumulated a whopping 45 tackles for loss and 23 sacks in 37 games over four seasons.
In his junior year, Char had 24 tackles for loss, including 14.5 sacks, and had six sacks in one game. He was a team captain and multi-year all-conference performer. Following his career, Char played in the highly regarded FCS Bowl, which invites the nation's top Football Bowl Subdivision, NCAA Division II and NCAA Division III players.
Char, a powerful player, has bench pressed 225 pounds 33 times. "We like tough, aggressive, disruptive linemen who have an attacking mentality," said Roberson. "Vince is a strong young man with the kind of attitude we like upfront."
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from December 16, 2019
- Storm Sign Three Linebackers - Sioux Falls Storm
- Blizzard Sign Vince Char - Green Bay Blizzard
- Sugar Skulls Finalize 2020 Coaching Staff - Tucson Sugar Skulls
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.