Blizzard Kickoff Home Opener Against Vipers
On Saturday, March 28 the Green Bay Blizzard will be opening the 2009 season at the Resch Center against the Tennessee Valley Vipers. The Vipers will be entering the 2009 season fresh off their ArenaCup championship last season and will be looking to defend it. The Blizzard has an opportunity to make a statement to the rest of the league with a win over the Vipers. Last season the Blizzard managed a 37-35 win over the Vipers on their home feld in Huntsville, Alabama.
Coming into the season the Vipers rank #2 in the preseason coach's poll and the Blizzard en- ter the season ranked at #7. This opening game could be a preview of this year's champion- ship game with both teams entering the season with goals of going all the way.
While the players will be rewarding the fans with an action packed game, the fans will also be rewarded with a post game frework show sponsored by Kafka Granite. This frework show will certainly spark the interest of kids and adults after watching an exciting football game.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from March 23, 2009
- Dusters quarterback Basseuner conquers 72 oz. steak - Amarillo Venom
- Pinkney Wins Wolves Start at QB on Friday in Season Opener - Manchester Wolves
- Wolves Deaf Rookie Makes the Team - and a Statement - Manchester Wolves
- Boise Burn Announce Opening Day Roster - Boise Burn
- Blizzard Kickoff Home Opener Against Vipers - Green Bay Blizzard
- Firebirds and Flames To Greet Fans Weekly at The Sports Grill In East Greenbush - Albany Firebirds
- Stormers Finalize Roster for Season Opener - Iowa Barnstormers
- 2009 Southwest Division Preview - af2
- Sharks Game Notes - Corpus Christi Sharks
- Iron Retiring Numbers on Opening Night - Milwaukee Mustangs
- Iron Open af2 Regular Season at Home Friday - Milwaukee Mustangs
- Iron Announce Pregame Performers - Milwaukee Mustangs
- Iron Make Final Cuts - Milwaukee Mustangs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.