Blitz Add International Flavor
BAKERSFIELD, CA - The Bakersfield Blitz have been assigned two international players from New Zealand. OL/DL Jason Vaka and FB/LB Will Tuipulotu have joined the squad and are excited to be playing American football.
"We're happy to be here to help Bakersfield win the ArenaCup," said Vaka. The 6'4, 290 lbs lineman spent the 2005 af2 season with the Central Valley Coyotes before returning to his homeland in 2006.
Tuipulotu, a 6'0, 283 lbs, player is also excited to get his first taste of Arena Football in America. Both he and Vaka were members of a New Zealand contingent that came to the United States to play in an exhibition against Central Valley in 2005.
"It was a great experience for me as a player. Going against top competition like that made me want to make myself into a stronger player," said Tuipulotu.
"We're lucky to have Jason and Will in here," said Blitz Head Coach Gary Compton (East Texas State University, '90). "They bring a new dimension to our team that we're excited about."
The Bakersfield Blitz have their home opener set for Saturday, April 21st at 7:00 p.m. against the Stockton Lightning at the Rabobank Arena (1001 Truxtun Ave., Bakersfield, CA, 93301). Tickets are available by calling 661-377-2548 or stopping by the Rabobank Box Office or any Ticketmaster outlet.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from April 17, 2007
- Florida Firecats game notes - Florida Firecats
- Hawks Eager to Return to Action - Everett Hawks
- Blitz Add International Flavor - Bakersfield Blitz
- Sharks weekly - Corpus Christi Sharks
- Wolves Line Gears Up, Harley Added - Manchester Wolves
- Blizzard Game to be on Wisconsin Sports Channel - Green Bay Blizzard
- McKinney, Hill And Reed Earn Week Three Honors - af2
- Spokane Shock scooping free ice cream today - Spokane Shock
- Louisville Fire game notes - Louisville Fire
- Lubbock Renegades Weekly Notes - Lubbock Renegades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.