Blazers Sign Defenseman Mats Lindgren
Kamloops, BC - Kamloops Blazers General Manager, Matt Bardsley announced that the hockey club has signed left shot defenseman Mats Lindgren to a standard WHL Player Agreement. Lindgren was the Blazers first round pick, 7th overall in the 2019 WHL Bantam Draft.
"We are very excited that Mats has decided that the Kamloops Blazers organization is the place for him to continue his development on and off the ice," said Bardsley. "With elite players, we recognize that they have great options and we are elated that he and his family have chosen our hockey club."
The 5'8" and 155lb defender from North Vancouver, BC played this past season with the Burnaby Winter Club Bantam Prep team and had four goals, 22 assists and 26 points in 27 games.
"We consider Mats an elite defenseman in his age group," commented Bardsley. "His exceptional skating ability combined with his puck skills and vision along with his drive to be the best, will be a great addition to a tremendous group of prospects who will join our team this year and next year," said Bardsley.
Lindgren's father played 387 NHL games as a forward between 1996 and 2003 with the Edmonton Oilers, New York Islanders and Vancouver Canucks.
"I am so excited to be signing with the Kamloops Blazers. They are a great organization with an amazing staff. Matt Bardsley, Robbie Sandland, Shaun Clouston and Darryl Sydor have made me feel welcome these past few months. I couldn't be happier to be a Blazer and I look forward to making Kamloops my home. I am so excited for what the future holds," said Lindgren.
Lindgren will be in Kamloops for training camp which starts on Wednesday, August 21st.
For ticketing information, please contact Jim or David at 250-828-1144 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from June 25, 2019
- Zaytsev Remains Undecided About Returning to Rebels; Welcome Mat Still Out - Red Deer Rebels
- Hockey Canada invites Trevor Wong to National Under-17 Development Camp - Kelowna Rockets
- Hockey Canada Names 25 WHL Players to National Under-17 Development Camp - WHL
- Royals' Nolan Bentham Named to Hockey Canada's Under-17 Summer Development Camp - Victoria Royals
- Four Americans Players Attending NHL Development Camps - Tri-City Americans
- Three Cougars' Prospects Invited to Hockey Canada's National Under-17 Development Camp - Prince George Cougars
- Allan, Laventure Invited to Hockey Canada's National Under-17 Development Camp - Prince Albert Raiders
- Royals Acquire River Fahey from Ice - Victoria Royals
- Sward Invited to Hockey Canada Under-17 Camp - Spokane Chiefs
- Zack Ostapchuk, Drew Sim Named to Canada's U-17 Summer Development Camp - Vancouver Giants
- Seven Oil Kings Set to Attend NHL Development Camps - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Hitmen to Pick 37th Overall in 2019 CHL Import Draft - Calgary Hitmen
- Kelowna Rockets Foote Signs with Tampa - Kelowna Rockets
- Pats Acquire Overage Forward Dawson Holt from Vancouver - Regina Pats
- Oil Kings Announce Roster Change - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Giants Acquire '01 Forward Sergei Alkhimov from Regina in Exchange for Dawson Holt - Vancouver Giants
- Blazers Sign Defenseman Mats Lindgren - Kamloops Blazers
- Kindopp to Skate in Colorado Avalanche Development Camp, Christiansen in St. Louis Blues Development Camp - Everett Silvertips
- Eight Winterhawks Attending NHL Development Camps - Portland Winterhawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.