Blazers Select Kyle Rubisch & David Brock in 2010 Entry Draft
Boston, MA The Boston Blazers selected Kyle Rubisch, a defensive standout from Brampton, Ontario and David Brock, a transition player from Burlington, Ontario with their 2nd and 7th overall picks in the National Lacrosse League's 2010 Entry Draft yesterday evening.
Rubisch is a recent graduate from Dowling College where he was named to the 2010 Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC) All-Star Team as well as being recognized as a First Team All American. He has also received several accolades with his hometown team, the Brampton Excelsiors of Major Series Lacrosse including the NLL's Insider Defender of the Year and the Brampton Guardian's Ken Giles Award presented to the city's top amateur athlete.
A recent graduate of the University of Albany, Brock was an integral member of the Great Danes squad with whom he led with a team high 34 goals this past season. Brock has also played for the New Westminster Salmonbellies Junior A Team and the Kitchener-Waterloo Kodiaks of the MSL.
"Kyle and Dave are strong, young players that bring a lot to the table," said Doug Reffue, Blazers President and General Manager. "We expect them to fit well into the team that we have been building this off-season."
The Blazers also selected Matt Quinton from Roanoke College, Martin Cahill from the University of Delaware, Brock Armour from Towson University, and Tyler Collins with their 26, 35, 36, and 46 picks respectively. Boston made a final move in the sixth round with the Minnesota Swarm for their 54 pick in exchange for Blazers forward Matt Lyons.
Season tickets for the Blazers 2011 season are currently available including a special offer for a seat in Section 22 and a limited edition player tee in honor of Casey Powell, one of Boston's newest All-Star acquisitions. For more information, visit blazerslacrosse.com or call 888-BLAZERS.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from September 9, 2010
- Wings Select Seven New Players In NLL Entry Draft - Philadelphia Wings
- Bandits Select Irving Ninth Overall In 2010 Draft - Buffalo Bandits
- Rush Select Five - Edmonton Rush
- Blazers Select Kyle Rubisch & David Brock in 2010 Entry Draft - Boston Blazers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Boston Blazers Stories
- Boston Blazers to Move Operations for 2013 Season
- Blazers Dawson & Cosmo Named to All Pro Teams
- Blazers Kyle Rubisch Named to 2011 NLL All-Rookie Team
- Blazers Season Ends in 11-10 Loss in Divisional Semifinal to Buffalo
- Blazers Set to Battle Division Leader Bandits in Divisional Semifinals