Blazers Dawson & Cosmo Named to All Pro Teams
Boston, MA - The National Lacrosse League announced the 2011 First and Second All-Pro teams including two of the Boston Blazers. Blazers Captain and 2009 League MVP Dan Dawson received a First Team nod while the Blazers goaltender Anthony Cosmo was named to the All-Pro Second Team.
The other members of the First Team are Calgary Roughnecks transition player Jeff Shattler, Rochester Knighthawks defenseman Pat McCready and goaltender Matt Vinc, Minnesota Swarm forward Ryan Benesch and Washington Stealth forward Rhys Duch.
Cosmo is joined by forward Lewis Ratcliff of the Washington Stealth, forward John Tavares of the Buffalo Bandits, forward Stephen Leblanc of the Toronto Rock, transition player Brodie Merrill of the Edmonton Rush and defenseman Mike Carnegie of the Calgary Roughnecks.
The definitive leader of the Blazers, Dawson recorded another solid season as he led Boston with 31 goals, 59 assists, and 65 loose balls and averaged over five points a game. He was among the league leaders in points (90, 4th), assists (59, 1st) and power play assists (17, 4th).
Dawson was recognized twice this season with Player of the Week honors for his standout offensive performances against the Toronto Rock (3g, 2a) and the Philadelphia Wings (5g, 2a). In his ten professional seasons, he has accumulated 359 goals and 507 assists for 866 points.
Cosmo had a solid 2011 season earning a spot amongst the top goaltenders in the league. He finished first in goals against average (9.66) and third in minutes played (913). Cosmo ended the season having stopped 484 of 631 shots between the pipes while contributing six assists to the team's offensive efforts.
Dawson and Cosmo will both travel to Prague next week for the World Indoor Championships where they will both represent Team Canada. For more information about the Boston Blazers and their 2012 season tickets, visit blazerslacrosse.com or call 888-BLAZERS.
ABOUT THE BOSTON BLAZERS
The Boston Blazers professional indoor lacrosse franchise was established in May 2007 when owner Tim Armstrong was awarded an expansion team in the National Lacrosse League (NLL). The team made its debut in January 2009 and plays eight home games at Boston's TD Garden as part of a 16-game regular season schedule. Now in its 25th year, the NLL is the world's premier professional indoor lacrosse league and features 10 teams playing in state-of-the-art arenas throughout the United States and Canada. For additional information on the Boston Blazers and tickets to Blazers games, fans can visit blazerslacrosse.com or call 888-BLAZERS.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from May 12, 2011
- Stealth All-Access Championship Edition: Tonight at 5:30pm on Fox Sports 1380 - Washington Stealth
- Sunday's Game Will Air Live on TSN - Toronto Rock
- TSN Adds Live Broadcast of NLL Championship Game for Fans in Canada - NLL
- Toronto Rock All-Access Event Saturday - Toronto Rock
- Calgary's Jeff Shattler Wins 2011 NLL Most Valuable Player Award - NLL
- Stealth Vs. Rock in Championship Rematch Sunday - Washington Stealth
- Blazers Dawson & Cosmo Named to All Pro Teams - Boston Blazers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Boston Blazers Stories
- Boston Blazers to Move Operations for 2013 Season
- Blazers Dawson & Cosmo Named to All Pro Teams
- Blazers Kyle Rubisch Named to 2011 NLL All-Rookie Team
- Blazers Season Ends in 11-10 Loss in Divisional Semifinal to Buffalo
- Blazers Set to Battle Division Leader Bandits in Divisional Semifinals