Blazers Daryl Veltman Named NLL Rookie of the Month for January
Boston, MA (February 5, 2009) - The Boston Blazers and the National Lacrosse League announced today that Boston Blazers rookie forward Daryl Veltman has been named the NLL Rookie of the month for January. Veltman, who was the first selection overall in the 2008 NLL Entry Draft out of Hobart College, has made an immediate impact in his first give games as a professional. The 23-year-old forward leads all rookies in goals (11), assists (15) and points (26), and has helped Boston to a 2-3 record in January, good for third place in the NLL East Division standings.
The NLL Weekly and monthly Player Awards are determined by a vote of the General Managers and Head Coaches of the league's 12 teams.
Veltman and the Blazers will take-on the New York Titans this Saturday, February 7 at 7:30 PM at the TD Banknorth Garden. Tickets to the Blazers-Titans contest are available now by logging onto www.BlazersLacrosse.com or calling 1-888- BLAZERS. Tickets are also available via Ticketmaster and at the TD Banknorth Garden box office. Fans can also watch the Boston-New York match-up live online and free of charge via the NLL Network at NLL.com.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from February 5, 2009
- Blazers Daryl Veltman Named NLL Rookie of the Month for January - Boston Blazers
- Toronto Rock Host Edmonton Rush this Weekend - Toronto Rock
- Boston Blazers Seek Revenge On New York Titans - Boston Blazers
- Jake Bergey Returns to Wings via Trade and Officially Retires - Philadelphia Wings
- New York's Casey Powell named January Player of the Month - NLL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Boston Blazers Stories
- Boston Blazers to Move Operations for 2013 Season
- Blazers Dawson & Cosmo Named to All Pro Teams
- Blazers Kyle Rubisch Named to 2011 NLL All-Rookie Team
- Blazers Season Ends in 11-10 Loss in Divisional Semifinal to Buffalo
- Blazers Set to Battle Division Leader Bandits in Divisional Semifinals