Blast Fall To Heat 9-5
Harrisburg, PA - The Blast traveled to Harrisburg Sunday night looking to finish a brutal three game weekend with a win but a rough 4th quarter that led to four Heat goals gave the home team a 9-5 victory.
After a trailing 1-0 in the first quarter, the Blast would strike first in the second with a goal from Tony Donatelli at the 6:11 mark. A Tavoy Morgan goal just before halftime gave the Heat a 2-1 lead heading into the break. Both teams created chances but William Vanzela and William Banahene each made key saves to keep the game close heading into halftime.
The third quarter saw Harrisburg erupt for two goals in less than a minute as Tavoy Morgan and William Eskay took advantage of Baltimore lapses on defense to take a 4-1 lead. But the Blast answered quickly on goals from Tony Donatelli and Jonatas Melo to make it 4-3.
Dominic Francis added to the Heat lead and Vini Dantas kept it within one with a goal late in the third quarter. Harrisburg took advantage of penalty calls to break it open in the 4th that led to the 9-5 final. Blast goalie William Vanzela finished with five saves.
The Blast fall to 13-8 on the season and return home this Saturday for a matchup against the Rochester Lancers on Hall of Fame night. Kickoff is scheduled for 6:05pm from the SECU Arena. Be sure to tune in to MASL TV and follow the Blast on social media for scores and updates.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from February 23, 2020
- Blast Fall To Heat 9-5 - Baltimore Blast
- San Diego Holds off Dallas for Road Split - San Diego Sockers
- Ontario Too Much for Comets - Ontario Fury
- Ontario Too Much for Comets - Kansas City Comets
- Sidekicks Lose Another One at Home - Dallas Sidekicks
- Wave Handily Defeat St. Louis Ambush Sunday Afternoon as Bennett Scores 6 Goals - Milwaukee Wave
- Ambush Toppled by the Wave - St. Louis Ambush
- Hat Tricks from Momo, Segura Lead Utica to Seventh Straight Win - Utica City FC
- Lancers to Close out Their Busiest Weekend at Utica City FC Sunday - Rochester Lancers
- Heat Defeat Orlando 11-8 - Harrisburg Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.