Black Bears Add Defenseman Bryan Huggins
The Black Bears have made another early-season addition, this time it is defenseman Bryan Huggins. Huggins joins Brendan Hill as the second Lake Superior State commit on the Black Bears. The 5'10, 165-pound defenseman spent last season playing for three different teams across two leagues. He began the year in the NAHL with the Austin Bruins, then moved to the Kenai River Brown Bears, and finished the year with the Muskegon Lumberjacks of the USHL.
Huggins was not known for his scoring ability but more for his defensive reliability, posting a plus/minus of +8 last season. The '02 birth year made his debut with the Black Bears this past Saturday when the Black Bears played the New Jersey Titans. He was unable to score a point, but he did have a plus/minus of +1. Coach Clint Mylymok had the following to say on the addition of Huggins:
"We are happy to add Bryan Huggins to the lineup. He is a very talented, and experienced Jr A defenseman. Our scouting staff have had our eyes on him for a while, and Assistant GM Ryan Kosecki did a great job of keeping in touch with him throughout the offseason. We knew we wanted him here if things didn't work out in Muskegon (USHL) and he will be a very nice addition to the team."
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from October 20, 2020
- Player Profile: Luke Mountain - Maryland Black Bears
- Jackalopes Announce Assistant Captains for 2020-21 Season - Odessa Jackalopes
- Black Bears Add Defenseman Bryan Huggins - Maryland Black Bears
- Magicians Add to Staff, Hire Jake Hansen as Assistant Coach - Minnesota Magicians
- Westlund Named Tauros 10th Captain - Minot Minotauros
- Evan Orr Named Jackalopes Captain for 2020-21 Season - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.