Magicians Add to Staff, Hire Jake Hansen as Assistant Coach
Richfield, MN - The Minnesota Magicians of the North American Hockey League (NAHL) are pleased to announce that Jake Hansen has been hired as Assistant Coach. He will join the bench with Head Coach, Stu Bickel and Assistant Coach and Director of Player Personnel, Gaven Bickford.
Hansen recently concluded his professional career, which spanned nine seasons and included stops in six different countries. A third-round (#68) pick by the Columbus Blue Jackets in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, Hansen signed his first NHL contract with the team in 2012. Prior to his professional career, Hansen played four seasons at the University of Minnesota. During his senior campaign, he collected 38 points in 43 games, helping lead the Gophers to the 2012 NCAA Frozen Four. Before wearing the maroon and gold, Hansen played two seasons with the Sioux Falls Stampede of the USHL, ranking second on the team and ninth in the league in scoring during the 2007-08 season. In 2007, Hansen captured the USHL Clark Cup national championship alongside current Magicians Head Coach Stu Bickel. Hansen also played high school hockey at White Bear Lake High School from 2005-2007.
"Jake brings a wealth of knowledge that he is eager to share with our team, especially in the areas of powerplay and individual skill development. He knows what it takes to have success and he is not far removed from playing the game. His positive attitude is infectious. I think he will connect well with the players in our room. We're fortunate to have him onboard," said Bickel.
General Manager, A.J. Bucchino states, "Jake's recent exit from professional hockey will give him the ability to have a strong connection with our players. We feel he will be a great asset to our team."
Hansen feels equally fortunate. "First, I would like to thank Bicks and the ownership for giving me the opportunity to be part of this organization. I've been able to spend the last couple days at the rink with our staff and players and can't wait to get going."
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from October 20, 2020
- Player Profile: Luke Mountain - Maryland Black Bears
- Jackalopes Announce Assistant Captains for 2020-21 Season - Odessa Jackalopes
- Black Bears Add Defenseman Bryan Huggins - Maryland Black Bears
- Magicians Add to Staff, Hire Jake Hansen as Assistant Coach - Minnesota Magicians
- Westlund Named Tauros 10th Captain - Minot Minotauros
- Evan Orr Named Jackalopes Captain for 2020-21 Season - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Magicians Stories
- Midwest Division Play Paused
- Magicians Add to Staff, Hire Jake Hansen as Assistant Coach
- Magicians Name Bucchino President and General Manager. Hire Former NHLer, Stu Bickel as Head Coach
- Bickford Named Director of Player Personnel
- Dysen Skinner Named Midwest Division NAHL Player of the Week