Bill Masse Named New Fisher Cats Manager
Manchester, NH- The Toronto Blue Jays announced today that Bill Masse has been hired as the Manager of the Double-A New Hampshire Fisher Cats for the 2007 season. Masse joins the Toronto organization after spending the last eight years working for the New York Yankees.
Masse, a 40-year old native of Manchester, Connecticut, has coached 10 years in Minor League Baseball, serving as a manager in six of those seasons. He has compiled a 477-413 (.536) win-loss record as a minor league manager, leading teams in three different leagues to division titles.
Masse managed the Trenton Thunder, New Hampshire's Eastern League rival, during the 2005 and 2006 seasons. He led the Thunder to the post-season in both years at the helm, winning the regular season Northern Division Championship this past season.
"I am extremely excited about coming to New Hampshire," Masse said. "During my two years in Trenton, it was always my favorite place to visit. The park, the fans, there's just something electric about the atmosphere there. I can't tell you how excited I am to move into the home dugout."
"I am thrilled at the opportunity to work with Bill Masse again, "said Fisher Cats' President Rick Brenner, who was Trenton's General Manager in 2005 when the Thunder made their first playoff appearance as a Yankees' affiliate. "Bill is a professional in every sense of the word. His managerial record speaks for itself, so I know Fisher Cats' fans are going to love his style of baseball. And I know firsthand how much he gives back to the community," Brenner added.
Masse spent 2003 and 2004 as the Manager of the Tampa Yankees (Class A). In 2004, the Tampa Yankees were the co-champions of the Florida State League. His other experience in the Yankee system was as Manager of Greensboro (Class A) in 2002 and as the Hitting Coach for Tampa in 2001.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from December 12, 2006
- Former Senator Little Named Manager - Harrisburg Senators
- Bill Masse Named New Fisher Cats Manager - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Arnie Beyeler Named Sea Dogs Manager - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Hampshire Fisher Cats Stories
- 2004 World Series Champion Orlando Cabrera to Attend Granite State Baseball Dinner
- First-Round Pick Grant Lavigne to Attend Granite State Baseball Dinner
- First Ballot Hall of Famer Steve Carlton Highlights Granite State Baseball Dinner Guest List
- Fisher Cats Nominated for MiLB's Top Honor
- Fisher Cats Win First Title Since 2011