Big Win at Home for the Cal Express
TURLOCK,CA - Â Adrian "Kiko" Gutierrez had an impressive night (2G,2A) that lead the Cal Express (4-8) to an 8-5 victory over the Dallas Sidekicks (2-9) closing out their double header with a win and loss in week 10 of the MASL.
After falling short to the Ontario Fury last night by one goal, the Turlock Cal Express looked for a much needed turnaround in tonight's match against the Sidekicks.
Adrian "Kiko" Gutierrez opened up the scoreboard within the first five minutes of play after Cristian Valadez dribbled up and laid it off to the corner for him.
This early goal woke the Sidekicks up and forced them to put more pressure on Turlock.
Luiz Andrade patiently waited for the opportunity and beat a Cal Express defender down the side to scored at minute 11 and end the first quarter tied.
Dallas continued to work around Turlock, and was able to steal the ball at midfield. Arturo Ivo was long gone for any Cal Express player to catch up. Ivo shot it low and gave the SIdekicks their first lead of the game.
It wasn't until half of the second was gone that Anibal Echeverria responded back with his first goal of the night off a pass by Adrian Pulido.
Arturo Ivo who scored four goals in three out of the four quarters tonight took things into the half in favor of the Texas Team.
Entering the second half down by a goal, the Turlock Cal Express retook the game and had a better 30 minutes that resulted in a hard fought win.
Key players for tonight aside from Adrian "Kiko" Gutierrez were Anibal Echeverria (2G,1A) and Luis Brambila (2G).
The Cal Express will be back at home next Friday as they host the Soles de Sonora at 7:05pm at Turlock Indoor. Tickets will be available for purchase all week.
Follow the Cal Express on all social media platforms to stay on top of all the news the team and the league.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from January 25, 2020
- Big Win at Home for the Cal Express - Turlock Cal Express
- Sidekicks Lose in California - Dallas Sidekicks
- Wave Slay Rochester Lancers Saturday Night - Milwaukee Wave
- Win Streak Ends in 9-5 Loss to Blast - San Diego Sockers
- Many Firsts for the Lancers, But They Fall to Defending Champion Milwaukee - Rochester Lancers
- Blast Defeat Sockers 9-5 - Baltimore Blast
- Tropics Set Team Record for Fewest Goals Allowed in 7-1 Win over St. Louis - Florida Tropics SC
- St. Louis Ambush Split Florida Series - St. Louis Ambush
- Game Notes: Sidekicks at Turlock - Dallas Sidekicks
- Stars Stop Monterrey Streak with 7-6 Win - Tacoma Stars
- Heat Lose Tight Game to San Diego 7-5, Play Baltimore at Home Sunday - Harrisburg Heat
- Fury Hold off Express for the Win - Ontario Fury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.