Cal Express Outscored by the Outlaws
TURLOCK,CA - The Cal Express dropped the ball in the second half against the Mesquite Outlaws after making a comeback only to be out-scored 11-7.
The Outlaws started off the night first on the scoreboard with an early goal in 1:47 when Rio Ramirez ran unmarked in the middle and blasted one past Turlock's goalkeeper off a pass from Omar Tapia.
Brenden Lee and Omar Tapia added a goal each to end the opening quarter with a 3 null lead over Turlock.
The Cal Express picked things up in the second quarter scoring four unanswered goals by an all around team effort.
Goals were scored by Luis Brambila , Joaquin Raya, Matt Max and Martyn Arista.
This brought Turlock back in the game as they tied it up before Vcmor Eligwe retook the lead for the Outlaws.
Seconds before the end of the first half, Juan Manuel Rojo was able to find the back of the net for Turlock and took them into the half with a one goal lead.
Despite overcoming a 3 goal deficit and entering the third with a lead, The Cal Express fell apart in the second half as it was all Mesquite in the final 30 minutes.
Jamie Lovegrove had a quiet first half but made quite the noise in the final two quarters with a hat trick. Jorge Deleon scored twice while Anthony Powell and Mitchell Cardenas had one each resulting in a 11-7 win over Turlock.
The Cal Express will close out their double header trip in Dallas tomorrow as they take on the Sidekicks. Make sure to tune in on MASLTV.
As always make sure you are following the Cal a Express on all social media platforms to stay connected with the team's weekly news and game updates. Live Stats for any match can be found at www.maslsoccer.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from March 7, 2020
- Lancers Record 1st Win of the Season on Gary Boughton Night - Rochester Lancers
- Cal Express Outscored by the Outlaws - Turlock Cal Express
- Wave Defeat Seawovles in Game One of Douleheader - Milwaukee Wave
- Stars in California for a Pair of Games this Weekend - Tacoma Stars
- SeaWolves Fall to Wave in Milwaukee - Orlando SeaWolves
- Comets Fall in Rochester - Kansas City Comets
- Blast Keep Playoff Hopes Alive, Defeat Heat 9-5 - Baltimore Blast
- Sockers Match Preview vs. Tacoma - San Diego Sockers
- Lancers to Honor Retiring Co-Captain Boughton in Their Home Finale on Saturday Night - Rochester Lancers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.