Big inning propels Aces
Alexandria, La. - June 26, 2008 - The Alexandria Aces scored eight runs in the seventh with only one ball leaving the infield as they defeated the Laredo Broncos 10-2 Thursday at Bringhurst Field. Tied 2-2, Andre Marshall and Albert Gonzalez led the inning off by being walked. After a bunt single by Eddie Fitzpatrick to load the bases, Bryan Sabatella walked to force home the go-ahead run. After Luis Guance forced home a run by being hit by a pitch, Selwyn Langaigne drove home a run when Broncos third baseman Ben Tinius booted a groundball. A Rafael Ozuna fielder's choice, three straight walks brought home three more runs. The inning finally ended when Sabatella singled to left to bring home Marshall, but Gonzales, who was trying to score from second, was thrown out at the plate by Santiago Guerrero. Ozuna tied the game 2-2 in the sixth with a solo home run. The Aces shortstop also drove home the Aces first run on an RBI double to right to bring home Palmer Karr Jr. Aces starter Alexis Sosa had his second great outing in a row working seven innings and giving up only two runs, while striking out 10. With the win, coupled by a 5-4 win by the San Angelo Colts over the Amarillo Dillas, the Aces remain 0.5 games behind the Colts for second place and are now two games behind the Dillas for first. The Aces have two games against Laredo remaining and one against Amarillo on July 2 to determine the first-half playoff picture. The Aces will continue their series with the Broncos Friday with Alejandro Martinez for the Aces going against Gregorio Martinez of the Broncos. Game time is 7:05 PM.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from June 26, 2008
- The Coyotes Smash the WhiteWings - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Big inning propels Aces - Alexandria Aces
- Coyotes Put Away WhiteWings in Ninth - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Colts hold on to take series opener, stay in second - San Angelo Colts
- Broncos lose big - Laredo Broncos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th