Best Hitting Performance, No. 2: Stallings Hits for Cycle
INDIANAPOLIS - History was made by two Indianapolis Indians on Aug. 7 against Lehigh Valley at Victory, as both Kevin Newman and Jacob Stallings hit for the cycle. The duo etched their names in baseball history thanks to their individual feats being completed in the same inning.
Not fleet of foot and in need of a triple in his final plate appearance, Stallings did the improbable when he roped a fly ball into the right-center alley and hustled around the bases to third. The three-bagger was his first since 2015 and just the sixth of his seven-year career.
Stallings' RBI triple was his third run-scoring hit of the game. He staked Tyler Eppler to a 1-0 lead with a two-out RBI double in the first before opening the fourth with a leadoff homer to left that made it 2-0.
He singled to right during a six-run sixth inning that blew the game open. Indy led 8-0 thru six frames and after the visitors scored five runs in the seventh, Stallings and Co. tacked on four additional runs to bi-cycle their way to a 12-5 triumph.
Stallings' accomplishment made him the sixth Tribe player since 1996 to hit for the cycle.
Stallings' numbers: 4-for-5, 1 HR, 1 3B, 1 2B, 3 RBI, 2 R
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from November 8, 2018
- Best Hitting Performance, No. 2: Stallings Hits for Cycle - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indianapolis Indians Stories
- Best Games at Victory Field, No. 4: Tribe Score 10 Straight, Beat Columbus
- Best Games at Victory Field, No. 5: Indians Blank Clippers as Eppler Fans 10
- Best Hitting Performance, No. 1: Newman Perfects Bid Toward Cycle
- Best Hitting Performance, No. 2: Stallings Hits for Cycle
- Best Hitting Performance, No. 3: Kramer Laces Four Hits at the Vic