Bees Win in Reno
The Salt Lake Bees scored early and often before hanging on for a 13-10 win over the Reno Aces on Thursday night. The Bees grabbed a 3-0 lead in the first on a run scoring double by Matt Thaiss and RBI singles by Preston Palmeiro and Gabe Matthews. After Reno scored one run in the bottom of the first, Salt Lake scored four runs on four consecutive RBI singles from Thaiss, Chad Wallach, Palmeiro and Jake Gatewood and took a 7-1 lead. They would add two in the third, one in the fourth, one in the fifth and two in the sixth, but had to survive Reno's comeback with A.J. Ramos striking out the final batter, who represented the potential tying run.
Felix Pena (5-4) earned the win, as he allowed one run on no hits in two and one-third innings in relief of starter Davis Daniel. Michael Stefanic led the Bees with four hits, including a home run, and three runs batted in while Gatewood added three hits, including two homers, and four RBI.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A West League message board...
Triple-A West League Stories from September 17, 2021
- Jonathan Bermudez Shines in Skeeters Win over Albuquerque - Sugar Land Skeeters
- Isotopes Fall to Skeeters Despite Stellar Pitching - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Aces Notes - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - September 17, 2021 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Three Isotopes Recognized by Triple-A West Managers, Baseball America - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Continue Championship Chase with 10-8 Series-Opening Win at El Paso (Magic # Is 3) - Tacoma Rainiers
- Bees Win in Reno - Salt Lake Bees
- Mathisen goes yard, River Cats drop 5th straight - Sacramento River Cats
- Tacoma Rebounds from Early Deficit to Edge Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Express Claim 6-5 Win over Dodgers in Extra Innings - Round Rock Express
- Vargas Records 200th Aces RBI in 13-10 Loss to Salt Lake - Reno Aces
- Shot in 10th Dooms Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.