Bees Cool off Cougars
Burlington starter Clayton Chatham went six innings, gave up five hits and one run, Justin Jones hit a two-run homer, and reliever Eduardo Del Rosario finished as the Bees beat the red hot Kane County Cougars 2-1.
Chatham and Cougars starter Luis Frias locked up in a good ole fashion pitching duel at Community field Saturday night. Frias went five innings, gave up 4 hits and both runs.
Chatham gave up the lone run in the first when Joey Rose singled to left and scored on a Buddy Kennedy double.
Burlington answered in the second. Nonie Williams walked. Jones followed by sending a 1-1 pitch over the fence in left.
And that was all the scoring. Both pitchers settled down. The relievers did their job, and the Bees won it.
Bees' shortstop Adrian Rondon was 2-4 on the night, with a double.
The teams meet again Sunday afternoon at 2PM for the second game of the three-game set.
Images from this story
Burlington Bees pitcher Clayton Chatham
(Bees Media Relations)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 10, 2019
- Justin Jones Beats Cougars with Long Ball Again - Kane County Cougars
- Ninth Inning Run Lifts Hot Rods to 4-3 Win over Loons - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Bees Cool off Cougars - Burlington Bees
- Connor Smith Tallies Three RBI as Captains Defeat Whitecaps 6-4 - Lake County Captains
- Singles Send Kernels Past Snappers - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- LumberKings Hold on for Series Opening Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Chiefs Fall 4-3 in Front of Sellout Crowd - Peoria Chiefs
- 4-Run 7th Costs Beloit in 5-4 Loss to Cedar Rapids - Beloit Snappers
- Bandits Blank Timber Rattlers 8-0 on Saturday Night - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Quad Cities Shuts Down Timber Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- 'Caps Drop Series Opener - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Cubs Blank TinCaps 3-0 to Start Series - South Bend Cubs
- Dark Side Finds Loons - Great Lakes Loons
- Nearly Perfect Lugnuts Shut out Dragons - Lansing Lugnuts
- Lugnuts Shutout Dragons Before Huge Crowd at Fifth Third Field - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 10 at South Bend (Game 116) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- DaShawn Keirsey, Jr. activated from 7-day Injured List - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons Notes for Saturday - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.