Barons Take on Oklahoma Blaze Wheelchair Basketball Team
Oklahoma City - The Oklahoma City Barons will have their work cut out for them as they take on the Oklahoma Blaze wheelchair basketball team on Tuesday, February 19 at the Abe Lemons Arena on the campus of Oklahoma City University at 6:30 p.m.
The event will serve as a part of the fundraiser for the Greater Oklahoma Disabled Sports Association (GODSA). Admission is $5 for the event, $3 for kids ages 6 - 12, while kids 5-and-under are free. Attendees can participate in a silent auction as well as a raffle. All the money raised during the event will assist in purchasing sports equipment for GODSA athletes and offset travel expenses to national competitions.
Founded in 1983, GODSA offers both recreational and competitive opportunities for persons, junior and adults, with physical disabilities. GODSA is committed to sponsoring and supporting recreational and competitive events including basketball, track and field, swimming, road racing, table tennis, weight-lifting, and water sports. In most sports, competitions are available at the local, regional, national, and international levels.
The Barons skate in a home-and-home series with the Houston Aeros this weekend. Friday, the division rivals square off at the Cox Convention Center at 7 p.m. Friday is Concession Specials night with $1 hot dogs and $2 draft beers. Friday is also "Man Night" where the Barons celebrate manly things like using a barbeque, utilizing frying pans and the ability to grow a mustache. The first 2,000 fans through the door receive an apron from Dr Pepper.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 18, 2013
- Americans Blank Bulldogs 2-0 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Dallas Recalls Matt Fraser & Jordie Benn; Assigns Wandell & Vincour - Texas Stars
- Leggio Backstops Amerks to 2-0 Win over Bulldogs - Rochester Americans
- Abbotsford Heat Welcome Canadian War Hero - Abbotsford Heat
- Sharks Finish Season Long Five Game Road Trip 3-2-0-0 - Worcester Sharks
- Johnson's Hat Trick Propels Crunch Past Devils - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Aeros Edge Marlies 2-1 in a Shootout - Toronto Marlies
- Hackett Leads Aeros over Marlies with 2-1 Shootout Win - Houston Aeros
- Florida Panthers Recall Mike Santorelli - San Antonio Rampage
- Penguins "Salute the Troops" on February 23 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Interactive Floor Hockey Event This Wednesday At Tower Square - Springfield Falcons
- Rangers Recall Forward Brandon Mashinter from Whale - Connecticut Whale
- Barons Take on Oklahoma Blaze Wheelchair Basketball Team - Oklahoma City Barons
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Goaltender Cam Talbot on New Contract - Connecticut Whale
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Hogs Garner Four Points in Week 19 - Rockford IceHogs
- Dallas Reassigns Jace Coyle to Texas - Texas Stars
- Crunch Goaltender Riku Helenius Named Ccm/AHL Player of the Week - Syracuse Crunch
- St. John's IceCaps to hold FanFest in March - St. John's IceCaps
- Syracuse's Riku Helenius Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Hamilton Bulldogs Weekly - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Forward T.J. Syner Recalled from Reading - Hershey Bears
- Weekend Ends On Winning Note - Hershey Bears
- Red Wings and Griffins Swap Goalies - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Barons Stories
- Energy FC Hosts Second Sidekicks Event on Wednesday Evening
- Chris Spendlove Cleared
- Energy FC and The Grid Meet to Discuss Continued Growth of Soccer in OKC
- Energy FC Sidekicks Program with Special Olympics and TOPSoccer Kicks off July 15
- Barons Season Ends with 1-0 Loss