Bark In The Park Set For Saturday At Hadlock
Portland, Maine - The Portland Sea Dogs, Double A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox, have partnered with the Planet Dog Foundation to host the 4th annual "Bark in the Park" day on Saturday, May 1st when the Sea Dogs take on the New Britain Rock Cats at 1:00 PM at Hadlock Field.
Bark in the Park is a fundraiser for the Planet Dog foundation. Tickets for humans and dogs are $7.00 each and can be purchased at the Planet Dog Company Store at 211 Marginal Way in Portland or call 1-800-381-1516. Dogs will need their own ticket, only dogs with a ticket purchased through Planet Dog will be admitted. No dog tickets are available at Hadlock Field.
Bark in the Park begins at 12:15 PM with a dog parade around the field lead by Slugger the Sea Dog. After the parade, those who have tickets to the Bark in the Park section of the park are welcome to enjoy the canine relief area, wading pool, watering station, dog treats, and games for dogs and their families. Doggie Valets will be on hand to care for pets while people visit the Hadlock Field Concourse. All fans are welcome to visit the Bark in the Park area located behind section 315 in left field where the Animal Refuge League and the Planet Dog Foundation will have information booths available.
All dogs will receive a free special edition "Bark in the Park" Orbee-Tuff baseball and admission to the pre-game parade. Tickets are limited. All proceeds from the sale of dog tickets will benefit the Planet Dog Foundation.
The mission of the Planet Dog Foundation (PDF) is to promote and celebrate programs in which dogs serve and support others. The foundation is funded by donations, fundraisers, as well as proceeds from their retail store; Planet Dog. For more information about the Planet Dog Foundation visit www.planetdogfoundation.org .
Tickets for all Portland Sea Dogs home games are available and can be purchased by calling the Sea Dogs Ticket Office at 207-879-9500 or online at www.seadogs.com.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from April 28, 2010
- 'Wolves Batter Baysox 9-7, Win 5 Straight - Erie SeaWolves
- B-Mets Bats Break Out in 9-3 Triumph over Sea Dogs - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Thunder Lose Fourth Straight - Trenton Thunder
- Jeroloman Homer Lifts Fisher Cats to Victory in Trenton, 4-1 - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Binghamton Beats Up Sea Dogs, 9-3 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Chico Leads Sens to 5-2 Win over the R-Phils - Harrisburg Senators
- Bark In The Park Set For Saturday At Hadlock - Portland Sea Dogs
- Flying Squirrels Ninth-Inning Rally Nets Sweep - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Rock Cats Fall Hard To Richmond, 5-3 - New Britain Rock Cats
- Curve Bats Explode In Win Over Akron - Altoona Curve
- Richmond Flying Squirrels Game Notes - Richmond Flying Squirrels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Sea Dogs Stories
- Mieses Homers Twice in 12-6 Win
- May 9, 2021 Sea Dogs Game Notes
- Sea Dogs Win Fourth Straight, Defeat Fisher Cats 5-1
- May 8, 2021 Sea Dogs Game Notes
- Sea Dogs Win Third Straight