Bandits Steal Win from Blazers in Overtime, 9-8
Boston, MA - Buffalo forward John Tavares scored 36 seconds into overtime to lead the Bandits past the Blazers 9-8 in National Lacrosse League play on Saturday. The loss brings the Blazers record to 5-5 and keeps them in third place in the Eastern Conference.
Boston forward Brenden Thenhaus recorded his second consecutive three-goal game, and scored the game-tying goal with five minutes remaining in regulation. Reigning league MVP Dan Dawson added a power-play goal and four assists. Tavares led all scorers with four goals for the Bandits.
Anthony Cosmo, who entered Saturday's game leading the league on goals-against average, made 41 saves for the Blazers in the loss, and held his opponents to a single-digit scoring total for the sixth time this season. Mike Thompson stopped 49 for Buffalo.
The Blazers drew a season-high 9,062 fans at the TD Garden, and will begin a two-week road trip against Edmonton and Philadelphia. They return to the TD Garden on April 3 against the Orlando Titans.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from March 13, 2010
- Washington Stealth Keep West Division Lead with Win Over Calgary - Washington Stealth
- Roughnecks edged by Stealth - Calgary Roughnecks
- Mammoth fall short - Colorado Mammoth
- Bandits Steal Win from Blazers in Overtime, 9-8 - Boston Blazers
- Minnesota Swarm Fall To Wings On The Road, 20-11 - Minnesota Swarm
- Titans Take Over First With 9-4 Win - Orlando Titans
- Wings Exterminate Swarm 20-11 - Philadelphia Wings
- Knighthawks O'Toole Goes For All-Time Saves Record - Rochester Knighthawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Boston Blazers Stories
- Boston Blazers to Move Operations for 2013 Season
- Blazers Dawson & Cosmo Named to All Pro Teams
- Blazers Kyle Rubisch Named to 2011 NLL All-Rookie Team
- Blazers Season Ends in 11-10 Loss in Divisional Semifinal to Buffalo
- Blazers Set to Battle Division Leader Bandits in Divisional Semifinals