Minnesota Swarm Fall To Wings On The Road, 20-11
SAINT PAUL, MN -The National Lacrosse League's (NLL) Minnesota Swarm (4-5) returned to action Saturday night, falling to the Philadelphia Wings (3-8), 20-11, in front of 10,248 fans at Wachovia Center. F Ryan Benesch led the Swarm with seven points (3g, 4a) and F Aaron Wilson added six points (2g, 4a) in the defeat.
Both teams came out scoring early and combined for eight goals in the first quarter. Benesch recorded a hat trick in the first, including a goal with two seconds left in the quarter to tie the game, 4-4. D Rich Morgan (1g) added one on a nice strike from the middle of the field.
The two teams remained hot in the second quarter. Wilson sniped in two outside shots to pull Minnesota within one at halftime, 8-7. The Swarm were then outscored 12-4 in the second half, including 7-0 in the third quarter. Philadelphia would open up the fourth with another goal to extend their lead to 16-7.
The Swarm finally got back on the scoreboard, when D Jon Sullivan (1g) slowed the Wings run momentarily with a tally at the 13:57 mark in the fourth. Goals from F Tim Campaeu (2g, 3a) and F Kevin Ross (1g, 1a) cut the Wings lead to 17-11 with 7:39 remaining. The Wings however, added three late tallies to finish the game, including two from T Geoff Snider (4g, 1a).
With a weekend off to rest, Minnesota starts a back-to-back on Friday, March 26 at 8:30 p.m. CST in Calgary and then travels to Edmonton the following night to take on the Rush at 8:00 p.m.
Minnesota battles Edmonton again on Saturday, April 3 at 7:35 p.m. CST at Xcel Energy Center. The team will be wearing pink and black uniforms and specially made pink Reebok helmets for Hive Cares night.
Fans can purchase the Onword Spirit "Swarm On" t-shirt ticket package for $25 and receive a ticket to the game along with a special commemorative Hive Cares t-shirt. Tickets are available online at mnswarm.com or by calling 888-MN-SWARM.
Lower level single game tickets can be purchased for as low as $24 to each of the remaining four 2010 home games. Tickets are available online or by calling 888-MN-SWARM.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from March 13, 2010
- Washington Stealth Keep West Division Lead with Win Over Calgary - Washington Stealth
- Roughnecks edged by Stealth - Calgary Roughnecks
- Mammoth fall short - Colorado Mammoth
- Bandits Steal Win from Blazers in Overtime, 9-8 - Boston Blazers
- Minnesota Swarm Fall To Wings On The Road, 20-11 - Minnesota Swarm
- Titans Take Over First With 9-4 Win - Orlando Titans
- Wings Exterminate Swarm 20-11 - Philadelphia Wings
- Knighthawks O'Toole Goes For All-Time Saves Record - Rochester Knighthawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Swarm Stories
- Minnesota Swarm Announce Relocation Plans for 2016
- Minnesota Swarm Announce Coaching Staff Change
- Minnesota Swarm Win Overtime Thriller against Rochester in Season
- Minnesota Swarm Face Knighthawks in Last Game of Season
- Minnesota Swarm's Comeback Not Enough against Edmonton