B-Sens Fall 3-2 in Overtime
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. - The Binghamton Senators fell 3-2 in overtime to the Albany Devils despite holding a one goal lead late in the third period.
The Devils opened the scoring with less than five minutes remaining in the first period when a shot from Reece Scarlett caught a Binghamton skater and trickled past Chris Driedger. Albany outshot the B-Sens 11-4 over the first 20 minutes of play to head into the first intermission with their 1-0 lead in tact.
Following a scoreless second, Jason Akeson evened the score 6:26 into the third with a power-play goal assisted by Kyle Flanagan and Casey Bailey. Michael Keranen gave Binghamton the 2-1 advantage just 41 seconds later with his tenth goal of the season. Following a timeout from the Devils, Matt Lorito managed to knock home his 14th of the year with seven seconds left to play to force overtime.
Former B-Sens player Jim O'Brien scored just 12 seconds into the extra time to give the Devils the comeback victory.
Driedger stopped 24 shots in the losing effort while Ken Appleby had 23 saves to earn the win.
The Binghamton Senators head to Rochester Sunday for a 5:05p.m. matchup against the Americans. Fans can listen live on US 96.9FM, WINR 680AM or on the iHeart Radio app.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 11, 2016
- Heat Outlast Stars in 2-1 Goaltending Duel McKenzie, Dowling Extend Point Streaks for Texas - Texas Stars
- Condors Gain Point in Overtime Loss to San Diego, 6-5 - Bakersfield Condors
- Admirals Have Wild First Period in Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- San Antonio Falls to Lake Erie 3-2 - San Antonio Rampage
- Tangradi's Five Points Lead Griffins to Ninth Straight Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Rally for 3-2 Win over Rampage - Cleveland Monsters
- Amerks Down Comets for Fifth Straight Win at Home - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Tame Sound Tigers, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Wolf Pack Wins in Shootout after Blowing Late Lead - Hartford Wolf Pack
- First Period Dooms Wild in 4-2 Loss - Iowa Wild
- B-Sens Fall 3-2 in Overtime - Binghamton Senators
- Bridgeport falls in final game with Syracuse - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Providence Extends Home Point Streak, Falls in Shootout 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- From Near Collapse to Sudden Victory, Devils Down Senators - Albany Devils
- Manitoba Moose Post-Game Report - Manitoba at Grand Rapids - March 11 - Manitoba Moose
- Comets Upended by Amerks - Utica Comets
- Amerks and Perry's Ice Cream Team up for "Players Pick Perry's" Sweepstakes - Rochester Americans
- Wolves' St. Patrick's Day Jersey Fundraiser Features Golden Ticket Raffle - Chicago Wolves
- Moose Announce Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Heat Host High Powered Stars Tonight to Kick off Back-To-Back Series this Weekend - Stockton Heat
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Slater Koekkoek to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Jordan Schroeder from Iowa; Goaltender Steve Michalek Reassigned to Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Flames Recall Kenny Agostino from Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Pirates Recall Brown from Manchester - Portland Pirates
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.